Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: from two file create a mail with attached error Post 302733361 by Gionfalco01 on Tuesday 20th of November 2012 08:53:21 AM
Old 11-20-2012
Awk: from two file create a mail with attached error

Hi. My name is Mirko
I have two file.

File 1:
File 2:
Code:
error 08 ffff mio@mio.it test
error 05 ffff bye@bye.fr test
error 11 ffff tst@test.com test
error 65 ffff mio@mio.it test
error 55 ffff bye@bye.fr test

Examples
I would like to send a mail to "mio@mio.it" with attached enclosed its error file:
Code:
error 08 ffff mio@mio.it test
error 65 ffff mio@mio.it test

Same for each email address of the first file.

Sorry if they are not clear enough
many thanks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-20-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send a mail with a file attached

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to send a mail to a person in unix with a file attached. The file need to be zipped and then i want to send the mail to a person. I know that we can able to send mail from unix using the command mail mailaddress to send a mail to a person with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select some lines from a txt file and create a new file with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file using awk

Hi there to the community, i have a bash script with an awk command inside, the awk program is in a separate file cause it's a bit big. Inside the awk program i calculate a filename from some data and i want to create a new file with this name into a directory whose path is passed in awk. Etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail with multiple files attached?

Hi, I would like to send a mail with multiples files attached. Until now i was doing a "find" and then a "tar" of the text files. As I need to be able to read them on a mobile device such as Blackberry for instance, i would like to send them in one single mail, but without taring them. is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pierrito
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the Attached File in Email

Hi All, Is there a way on how to get the attached file in email using shell script? what i'm going to do? all i can see is to send and email but to get an attached file in email i don't find it. Please advise, Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)