Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Install using a ZFS FLAR on x86 Post 302733299 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 20th of November 2012 05:56:13 AM
Old 11-20-2012
Quote:
mkdir: "/a/var/sadm/launcher": Read-only file system
This looks like there is nothing mounted under /a on the CDROM therefore it is read-only.

Normally a hard disk filesystem would be mounted on /a in order to restore the filesystem image.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to install Solaris 9 on X86

HI All, I have three solaris disks: disk 1 & 2 and "image" disk. However, no instructions for installation on x86 came with them. (I downloaded from SUN.) I've searched far and wide on the net trying to find instructions for installing Solaris on my PII 500 mhz intel machine, but have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
7 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS on solaris 10 with x86 platform

HI , I required brief about the zfs creation on solaris 10 with x86 platform. I had done with sparc system. Is it same or different as Sparc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

3. Solaris

zfs initial install

Can anyone tell me why /export and /export/home are showing up after an install? I'm assuming it's reading from the old default filesystem layout during installs but I don't see anywhere to change that. Thanks in advance, df -hF zfs Filesystem size used avail capacity ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
0 Replies

4. Solaris

"flar create" produces a tiny flar image of rpool

Hi, can someone help with the following? I got 1x146GB disk which is span by just one zfs rpool. When issue for example: as you can see in above output the flar is very small, just around 10KB rpool with all data sets has several GB so this can't be good image. This is on the Solaris 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to update zfs-based flar?

Hello! I have ZFS-based flash archive (flar file). I need to install to it several additional packages and patches. As I know, it is possible for USF-based flar, but how to do it with ZFS-based one? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Install Solaris 11 with ZFS

Hi, I'm not expert with solaris. I Familiar with Linux variant only. Could anyone point me to right tutorial? I got one > but not sure it can be use or not. I'm doing fresh install for new server. The server spec did not come out yet. Please assist me. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
17 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)