Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understand script formte
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Understand script formte Post 302732977 by asavaliya on Monday 19th of November 2012 12:34:01 PM
Old 11-19-2012
Understand script formte

Hi

i have one script and i am running it but not getting current output so i want to understand how to input in the script.

when i do help then i am getting below massage

thanks

got it

Last edited by asavaliya; 11-19-2012 at 03:58 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand the script

I am relatively new to Shell Scripting. I can't understand the following two scripts. Can someone please spare a minute to explain? 1) content s of file a are (021) 654-1234 sed 's/(//g;s/)//g;s/ /-/g' a 021-654-1234 2)cut -d: -f1,3,7 /etc/passwd |sort -t: +1n gives error (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand the script

Hi All; Is there anybody can explain this script please? trap 'C_logmsg "F" "CNTL/c OS signal trapped, Script ${G_SCRIPTNAME] terminated"; exit 1' 2 trap 'C_logmsg "F" "Kill Job Event sent from the Console, Script ${G_SCRIPTNAME] terminated"; exit 1' 15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankbe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand the script pls help

Can u please explain what it is doing #!/bin/sh fullyear=`/home/local/bin/datemmdd 1`"."`date +%Y` uehist=/u05/home/celldba/utility/ue/prod/history echo $fullyear cd $uehist ls -ltr pwroutages.master.$fullyear* | awk '{print $9}' > /u01/home/celldba/tmp/pwroutages_master_all_tmp while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand ksh script

Hi All, I have a ksh script & would like to understand mening of below lines in script, Starting lines of script is as below, #!/bin/ksh #%W% %I% %D% %T% ---- ??? #%W%G --- ??? num_ctrl_files=0 OS=`uname` if then //g' | egrep -v '(.sh:|.ksh:)' | sed 's/^.*://g' | sed 's/^M//g' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me understand the Perl script..

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; print "Demo of array slicing \n"; my @abc="a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z"; my @a=@abc; my @random=@abc; my @comp=@abc; my @comp1=(@abc,"Hello",@abc); print "abc is @abc \n"; print "a is @a \n"; print "random is @random \n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand a script

Hello world! Can someone please explain me how this code works? I'ts supposed to find words in a dictionary and show the anagrams of the words. { part = word2key($1) data = $1 } function word2key(word, a, i, x, result) { x = split(word, a, "") asort(a) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose2802
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand script output

New to korn shel1 and having an issue. The following is suppose to read the parameter values from files in a source directory and then pass them on to a log file in a different directory, The ArchiveTracker scripts is suppose to call the parameterreader script to exact the parameter values and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand the below shell script

Please help me to understand the below 3 lines of code.execute shell in jenkins 1)APP_IP=$( docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.'"$DOCKER_NETWORK_NAME"'.IPAddress }}' ${PROJECT_NAME_KEY}"-CI" ) 2)HOST_WORKSPACE=$(echo ${WORKSPACE} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh85
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me understand this script

#!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {i=1;file="modified.txt"} { if ($0 !~ /^DS:/) {print $0 >> file} else { if ($0 ~ /^DS:/) {print "DS: ",i >> file;if (i==8) {i=1} else {i++}}; } } END {gzip file} Can someone explain to me how this above script works, I got it from a friend but not able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
3 Replies
MARIA-VIS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MARIA-VIS(1)

NAME
maria-vis - graph visualization script for maria SYNOPSIS
maria-vis DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the maria-vis command. maria-vis is a lefty script invoked by maria in order to visually present information to the user. The script reads commands and direc- tives from standard input and may write maria query language commands to standard output. An end-of-file condition on standard input ter- minates the script. The script is built on top of the dotty script that is part of the GraphViz package. The commands prefixed with visual in maria issue two kinds of commands to this script: new(); or add(); followed by a newline character and a graph definition in the dot input language. The new function in the script displays the graph in a new window, while the add function copies information from the graph to the last modi- fied graph. SEE ALSO
dot(1), dotty(1), lefty(1), maria(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marko Makela <msmakela@tcs.hut.fi>. The maria-vis script and the visualization option were designed and implemented by Marko Makela. Please see the copyright file in /usr/share/doc/maria for details. August 10, 2001 MARIA-VIS(1)