Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN? Post 302732607 by radoulov on Sunday 18th of November 2012 04:55:40 PM
Old 11-18-2012
In the CPAN shell:

Code:
o conf prerequisites_policy follow
o conf build_requires_install_policy yes 
o conf commit

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Modules Required For SCSI Tape?

I've got an HP9000 server and I'm trying to hook up a tape drive to it. When I go into "SAM-->Peripheral Devices-->Tape Drives", the tape isn't listed. I then choose to "ADD" a drive, and I get the following error. I know I need to install the "stape" module, but for some reason even that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumdude
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules?

Is there a way to tell CPAN not to use Net::Ftp and the ftp binary? I want to only use wget to download perl modules. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules

Hi. i installed perl 5.8.8.822 in my D: drive(windows xp).When im trying to install IO-Stringy.pm module( or any module for tat matter ) it is getting installed in 'c:\temp\please run installed script' folder no matter from where ever i run the ppm installation.The path variable is set to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] How to install with CPAN specified version of module

Hello all, i am searching how to install a module but the question is : howto specify CPAN to install a determined version of the module ? In my case i want to install DBD:Oracle1.14 and not version 1.23 proposed ! Any idea welcome ! :rolleyes: Thanks ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun_cracker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Unable to install Perl module via CPAN

Hi, I am trying to install Unicode::String from the cpan shell, and here is what I get: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychomachine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to install Perl Modules

Hi guys, I need to upgrade perl modules on about multiple machines. I'm writing a for loop for it. for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6; do ssh server$i " sudo cpan Mozilla::CA, sudo cpan LWP::UserAgent, sudo cpan LWP::Protocol::https, sudo cpan IO::Socket::SSL, sudo cpan Net::SSL,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)