Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Parse ; deliminated variable to create variables Post 302732307 by ctsgnb on Saturday 17th of November 2012 06:25:01 AM
Old 11-17-2012
Code:
awk -F"[; ]" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i~/=/){ split($i,a,"=");n[++c]=a[1];v[c]=a[2]}}}END{for(j=0;++j<=c;) print "n["j"]="n[j] "\t" "v["j"]=" v[j]}' yourfile

Code:
$ wc -l <t1
$ cat t1
T192 globalprefs={"huddler_uid":"ad079807c1b5bca1bd05e21fd3711c1b"%2C"registered":true};5590387371d88d9e5de34c5d46b0ab8b82e7a8a90abb28a32=Bi0LdA4tBzsDOwU2BicHagA1UjcFMlBkVGdTOQM%2BX2MPbQJjAnk;%3D%3D;huddleprefs={"pagecount":41};HUDSESSID=2kul3tre4vfid0vf8cvk3f23c1;authchallenge=423c115aeaafe219533fac6d59d1b4e7;longauth=c31c%2Ff6R%2Cs7y79yh6K0ryqlzEQau%2B00lAJLljU1Jlongauth=c31c%2Ff6R%2Cs7y79yh6K0ryqlzEQau%2B00lAJLljU1;expires=Tue,15-Nov-202208:53:30GMT;path=/ huddleprefs={"pagecount":42};expires=Sun,17-Nov-201308:53:32GMT;path=/ globalprefs={"huddler_uid":"ad079807c1b5bca1bd05e21fd3711c1b"%2C"registered":true};expires=Sun,17-Nov-201308:53:32GMT;path=/;domain=
$ awk -F"[; ]" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i~/=/){ split($i,a,"=");n[++c]=a[1];v[c]=a[2]}}}END{for(j=0;++j<=c;) print "n["j"]="n[j] "\t" "v["j"]=" v[j]}' t1
n[1]=globalprefs    v[1]={"huddler_uid":"ad079807c1b5bca1bd05e21fd3711c1b"%2C"registered":true}
n[2]=5590387371d88d9e5de34c5d46b0ab8b82e7a8a90abb28a32    v[2]=Bi0LdA4tBzsDOwU2BicHagA1UjcFMlBkVGdTOQM%2BX2MPbQJjAnk
n[3]=huddleprefs    v[3]={"pagecount":41}
n[4]=HUDSESSID    v[4]=2kul3tre4vfid0vf8cvk3f23c1
n[5]=authchallenge    v[5]=423c115aeaafe219533fac6d59d1b4e7
n[6]=longauth    v[6]=c31c%2Ff6R%2Cs7y79yh6K0ryqlzEQau%2B00lAJLljU1Jlongauth
n[7]=expires    v[7]=Tue,15-Nov-202208:53:30GMT
n[8]=path    v[8]=/
n[9]=huddleprefs    v[9]={"pagecount":42}
n[10]=expires    v[10]=Sun,17-Nov-201308:53:32GMT
n[11]=path    v[11]=/
n[12]=globalprefs    v[12]={"huddler_uid":"ad079807c1b5bca1bd05e21fd3711c1b"%2C"registered":true}
n[13]=expires    v[13]=Sun,17-Nov-201308:53:32GMT
n[14]=path    v[14]=/
n[15]=domain    v[15]=
$

---------- Post updated at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:10 PM ----------

But you could also :

1) Setup you own environment file :
Code:
awk '/=/' RS=";" myfile >myvar.env

2) Load it :
Code:
. ./myvar.env

You can then call your variables directly by using their name.

Last edited by ctsgnb; 11-17-2012 at 07:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert file deliminated by colon to one deliminated by tab characters

I know this seems simple to some of you so could you help? example> file:Mine and yours :daily need this deliminated to tab characters (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yammer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I parse a record found in /etc/passwd into variables?

I am working with the Oracle 10.2.0.3 job scheduler on Solaris 10, and unfortunately, the scheduler executes scripts in such a way that several default shell environment variables are not defined. For example, $HOME, $USER, and $LOGNAME are missing. How can I parse the appropriate record in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Parse text string into variables using Korn shell

I am writing a script to keep check on free disk space, and I would like to find a way to parse $LINE (see code below) into a numeric value (for free disk space percentage) and a string value (for mount point). If possible, I would like to avoid sed or any additional use of awk since I am not very... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a string into variables

I'm working in korn shell and have a variable which contains a string like: aa_yyyymmdd_bbb_ccc_ddd.abc. I want to treat the _ and . as delimiters and parse the string so I end up with 6 values in variables that I can manipulate. My original plan was to use var1=`echo $sting1 | cut -c1-c2` but... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquimby
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to parse output for variables in Bash

Trying to finish up my script that automates some video encoding work. Situation: There is an MKV file to be transcoded. Problem: MKVINFO will give a bunch of output about an MKV file, included in that output are two lines I am interested in: | + Default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 fps... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: randyharris
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse config file and store the values in variables

Hi, I have a config file that has blank, commented lines. I need to escape commented lines, blank lines, parse the remaining lines and store them in variables or array. the config file contains the following lines. # config file # Define Oracle User ORA_USER=abcde ORA_PASS=xyzabc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmi Chowdam
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse or cut concat variables to individual values

Hello I need to pass some environment parameters to a datastage job and am getting an error when trying to send the complete concatinated variable. I have decided to parse out just the values and send as parameters but am struggling to find the best way to do this (actually I am not very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LynnC
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse variables from C++ to shell

Hi All, #include <iostream> int main() { std::int foo = 34; system("mkdir /home/linuxUser/fooDir"); system("vi fooFile") system("write foo in fooFile") foo = 43; foo = read foo from fooFile; std::cout << "foo = " << foo ; } result should be foo = 34 can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping for one variable while using awk to parse an associated variable

Im trying to search for a single variable in the first field and from that output use awk to extract out the lines that contain a value less than a value stored in another variable. Both the variables are associated with each other. Any guidance is appreciated. File that contains the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
6 Replies
HTML::Parse(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    HTML::Parse(3)

NAME
HTML::Parse - Deprecated, a wrapper around HTML::TreeBuilder VERSION
This document describes version 5.03 of HTML::Parse, released September 22, 2012 as part of HTML-Tree. SYNOPSIS
See the documentation for HTML::TreeBuilder DESCRIPTION
Disclaimer: This module is provided only for backwards compatibility with earlier versions of this library. New code should not use this module, and should really use the HTML::Parser and HTML::TreeBuilder modules directly, instead. The "HTML::Parse" module provides functions to parse HTML documents. There are two functions exported by this module: parse_html($html) or parse_html($html, $obj) This function is really just a synonym for $obj->parse($html) and $obj is assumed to be a subclass of "HTML::Parser". Refer to HTML::Parser for more documentation. If $obj is not specified, the $obj will default to an internally created new "HTML::TreeBuilder" object configured with strict_comment() turned on. That class implements a parser that builds (and is) a HTML syntax tree with HTML::Element objects as nodes. The return value from parse_html() is $obj. parse_htmlfile($file, [$obj]) Same as parse_html(), but pulls the HTML to parse, from the named file. Returns "undef" if the file could not be opened, or $obj otherwise. When a "HTML::TreeBuilder" object is created, the following variables control how parsing takes place: $HTML::Parse::IMPLICIT_TAGS Setting this variable to true will instruct the parser to try to deduce implicit elements and implicit end tags. If this variable is false you get a parse tree that just reflects the text as it stands. Might be useful for quick & dirty parsing. Default is true. Implicit elements have the implicit() attribute set. $HTML::Parse::IGNORE_UNKNOWN This variable contols whether unknow tags should be represented as elements in the parse tree. Default is true. $HTML::Parse::IGNORE_TEXT Do not represent the text content of elements. This saves space if all you want is to examine the structure of the document. Default is false. $HTML::Parse::WARN Call warn() with an appropriate message for syntax errors. Default is false. REMEMBER! HTML::TreeBuilder objects should be explicitly destroyed when you're finished with them. See HTML::TreeBuilder. SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser, HTML::TreeBuilder, HTML::Element AUTHOR
Current maintainers: o Christopher J. Madsen "<perl AT cjmweb.net>" o Jeff Fearn "<jfearn AT cpan.org>" Original HTML-Tree author: o Gisle Aas Former maintainers: o Sean M. Burke o Andy Lester o Pete Krawczyk "<petek AT cpan.org>" You can follow or contribute to HTML-Tree's development at http://github.com/madsen/HTML-Tree <http://github.com/madsen/HTML-Tree>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 1995-1998 Gisle Aas, 1999-2004 Sean M. Burke, 2005 Andy Lester, 2006 Pete Krawczyk, 2010 Jeff Fearn, 2012 Christopher J. Madsen. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The programs in this library are distributed in the hope that they will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 HTML::Parse(3)