Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux Post 302732303 by angls on Saturday 17th of November 2012 05:59:23 AM
Old 11-17-2012
Thanks DGPickett for all your efforts,
I appreciate Vmuch the helpful info provided

regards,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix/linux books

hey, i am a pretty good linux/unix user but i would like to discover the full capabilities of linux/unix. i have "unix unleashed , by sams" any other books/websites reccomendations. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati

I am new to program development on Linux. I wonder what computer languages are easy to grasp to create man - machine interactive interface software, which can accept inputs (parameters) from usrers, and present (display) the calculation results to users. Before, I have heared about Perl,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
10 Replies

3. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

suggest me books/courses

I am new to unix world. I just know some basic commands only and some basics knowledge about unix. Anyone please suggest me from where should I start. Suggest me some book that could help me from the beginning. Presently I am working in php in a company and I want to move in unix. Please suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNITRIX
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones

In case you have not seen it, we have a UNIX and Linux Timeline on FB. If you have a few free moments, could you review the timeline and post back here in this thread with your suggestions and ideas for new entries and milestones? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

best books to begin shell scripting in ubuntu

pleas suggest free e books to begin Bash scripting in ubuntu..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggest books

Hi, I'm a beginner and am learning c programming. I want to learn UNIX/LINUX in parallel. But I don't know difference between UNIX and LINUX and where they are applied in real life. As a beginner, some people asked me to start with UNIX. Please let me know some very good books for UNIX. Also a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdbee
6 Replies
tracker-info(1) 						   User Commands						   tracker-info(1)

NAME
tracker-info - Retrieve all information available for a certain file. SYNOPSIS
tracker-info [OPTION...] FILE... DESCRIPTION
tracker-info asks for all the known metadata available for the given FILE. Multiple FILE arguments can be provided to retrieve information about multiple files. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -V, --version Print version. -f, --full-namespaces By default, all keys and values reported about any given FILE are returned in shortened form, for example, nie:title is shown instead of http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/01/19/nie#title. This makes things much easier to see generally and the output is less cluttered. This option reverses that so FULL namespaces are shown instead. -c, --plain-text-content If the resource being displayed has nie:PlainTextContent (i.e. information about the content of the resource, which could be the contents of a file on the disk), then this option displays that in the output. -t, --turtle Output results as Turtle RDF. If -f is enabled, full URIs are shown for subjects, predicates and objects; otherwise, shortened URIs are used, and all the prefixes Tracker knows about are printed at the top of the output. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1). http://nepomuk.semanticdesktop.org/ http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/ GNU
Oct 2008 tracker-info(1)