Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call one script option to other in shell script Post 302732135 by Yoda on Friday 16th of November 2012 04:31:47 PM
Old 11-16-2012
If you don't want to terminate script execution, then you have to use an infinite loop:-
Code:
while (true)
do
   # 1. Menu
   # 2. Menu
   # 3. Menu
   # 4. Exit 
done

So the script will run until user select option 4. You can Google for examples of shell script menu driven programs.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a perl script from a shell script

I have a perl script,Test.pl which needs arguments from command line like test.pl arg1 arg2 arg3 how can i call it from a shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a perl script inside a shell script

Hi all, I have the following snippet of code.. #!/bin/sh echo "run perl script............" #Run the verification script perl bill_ver echo " perl script completed....." echo "rename files......" #Remove from all file in the directories test, test1, test2, test3 for f in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call perl script problems

Ok, don't ask me why, but all calls to perl must be called by a shell script. Its really not ideal, but its what I have to work with. Calling it isnt the issue, its passing in the arguments. I have about 1000 perl scripts to call by a shell script. Right now, I'm executing the shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexnub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sql script from UNIX shell script

I know this question is out there in many forums, but I tried all the combinations in vain. I'm basically trying to call a sql script from a shell script. Below is my sql script (plsql.sql) DELCARE v_empno NUMBER := '&empno'; BEGIN select ename,sal from emp where empno = v_empno;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FName_LName
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
GETOPT(3)								 1								 GETOPT(3)

getopt - Gets options from the command line argument list

SYNOPSIS
array getopt (string $options, [array $longopts]) DESCRIPTION
Parses options passed to the script. PARAMETERS
o $options - Each character in this string will be used as option characters and matched against options passed to the script starting with a single hyphen ( -). For example, an option string "x" recognizes an option -x. Only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 are allowed. o $longopts - An array of options. Each element in this array will be used as option strings and matched against options passed to the script starting with two hyphens ( --). For example, an longopts element "opt" recognizes an option --opt. The $options parameter may contain the following elements: oIndividual characters (do not accept values) oCharacters followed by a colon (parameter requires value) oCharacters followed by two colons (optional value) Option values are the first argument after the string. If a value is required, it does not matter whether the value has leading white space or not. See note. Note Optional values do not accept " " (space) as a separator. Note The format for the $options and $longopts is almost the same, the only difference is that $longopts takes an array of options (where each element is the option) whereas $options takes a string (where each character is the option). RETURN VALUES
This function will return an array of option / argument pairs or FALSE on failure. Note The parsing of options will end at the first non-option found, anything that follows is discarded. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added support for "=" as argument/value separa- | | | tor. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added support for optional values (specified | | | with "::"). | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Parameter $longopts is available on all systems. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is no longer system dependent, and | | | now works on Windows, too. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 getopt(3) example: The basics <?php // Script example.php $options = getopt("f:hp:"); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -fvalue -h The above example will output: array(2) { ["f"]=> string(5) "value" ["h"]=> bool(false) } Example #2 getopt(3) example: Introducing long options <?php // Script example.php $shortopts = ""; $shortopts .= "f:"; // Required value $shortopts .= "v::"; // Optional value $shortopts .= "abc"; // These options do not accept values $longopts = array( "required:", // Required value "optional::", // Optional value "option", // No value "opt", // No value ); $options = getopt($shortopts, $longopts); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -f "value for f" -v -a --required value --optional="optional value" --option The above example will output: array(6) { ["f"]=> string(11) "value for f" ["v"]=> bool(false) ["a"]=> bool(false) ["required"]=> string(5) "value" ["optional"]=> string(14) "optional value" ["option"]=> bool(false) } Example #3 getopt(3) example: Passing multiple options as one <?php // Script example.php $options = getopt("abc"); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -aaac The above example will output: array(2) { ["a"]=> array(3) { [0]=> bool(false) [1]=> bool(false) [2]=> bool(false) } ["c"]=> bool(false) } SEE ALSO
$argv. PHP Documentation Group GETOPT(3)