Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [HELP] what does "2>&1" do in crontab? Post 302731335 by edydsuranta on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 08:33:56 PM
Old 11-14-2012
Hi methyl,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested, if the output error rc=1, it will not generate an email of the output, but redirected to a file.

If the output warning (rc=4) can be redirected to a file?
Could you give me the simple scenario for output warning, please?

By adding "2>&1" is it the best choice for redirect output cron to a file?

Thanks
Edy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"nohup" and "&" commands

Why would anyone ever type in a command like this: nohup command & nohup lets you logout of your telnet session so why add "&" to run it in the background? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run away "bootpgw" & "inetd"

Hello All. I'm get the following messages posted to the /var/adm/syslog file ever second and not sure on how to stop the process. May 14 15:50:52 a3360 bootpgw: version 2.3.5 May 14 15:50:52 a3360 inetd: /etc/bootpgw exit 0x1 As said about this gets logged every second only thing that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfaiman
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
ATF-REPORT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     ATF-REPORT(1)

NAME
atf-report -- transforms the output of atf-run to different formats SYNOPSIS
atf-report [-o fmt1:path1 [.. -o fmtN:pathN]] atf-report -h DESCRIPTION
atf-report reads the output of atf-run and transforms it to different formats. Some of these are user-friendly and others are machine- parseable, which opens a wide range of possibilities to analyze the results of a test suite's execution. See Output formats below for more details on which these formats are. In the first synopsis form, atf-report reads the output of atf-run through its standard input and, if no -o options are given, prints a user- friendly report on its standard output using the 'ticker' format. If -o options are provided (more than one are allowed), they specify the complete list of reports to generate. They are all generated simultaneously, and for obvious reasons, two reports cannot be written to the same file. Note that the default output is suppressed when -o is provided. In the second synopsis form, atf-report will print information about all supported options and their purpose. The following options are available: -h Shows a short summary of all available options and their purpose. -o fmt:path Adds a new output format. fmt is one of the formats described later on in Output formats. path specifies where the report will be written to. Depending on the chosen format, this may refer to a single file or to a directory. For those formats that write to a single file, specifying a '-' as the path will redirect the report to the standard output. Output formats The following output formats are allowed: csv A machine-parseable Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file. This file contains the results for all test cases and test programs. Test cases are logged using the following syntax: tc, duration, test-program, test-case, result[, reason] The 'result' field for test cases is always one of 'passed', 'skipped' or 'failed'. The last two are always followed by a reason. Test programs are logged with the following syntax: tp, duration, test-program, result[, reason] In this case, the 'result' can be one of: 'passed', which denotes test programs that ran without any failure; 'failed', which refers to test programs in which one or more test cases failed; or 'bogus', which mentions those test programs that failed to exe- cute by some reason. The reason field is only available in the last case. The time required to execute each test case and test program is also provided. You should not rely on the order of the entries in the resulting output. ticker A user-friendly report that shows the progress of the test suite's execution as it operates. This type of report should always be redirected to a virtual terminal, not a file, as it may use control sequences that will make the output unreadable in regular files. xml A report contained in a single XML file. Ideal for later processing with xsltproc(1) to generate nice HTML reports. EXAMPLES
The most simple way of running a test suite is to pipe the output of atf-run through atf-report without any additional flags. This will use the default output format, which is suitable to most users: atf-run | atf-report In some situations, it may be interesting to get a machine-parseable file aside from the standard report. This can be done as follows: atf-run | atf-report -o csv:testsuite.csv -o ticker:- Or if the standard report is not desired, thus achieving completely silent operation: atf-run | atf-report -o csv:testsuite.csv SEE ALSO
atf-run(1), atf(7) BSD
December 16, 2011 BSD