Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture the data in Linux .While doing load test. Post 302731181 by braniak on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 11:22:23 AM
Old 11-14-2012
Basic one to check load:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

LOAD_VALUE=`cat /proc/loadavg | sed 's/\./ /' | awk '{print $1}'`

if [ $LOAD_VALUE -gt "6" ]; then
       mail -s “PANIC” someone@somedomain.com
fi

Replace the value "6" for one that apply to you.

Last edited by braniak; 11-14-2012 at 12:27 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture POST data

Is it possible to capture data posted from a Web Form?? I mean when data in the form on a webpage is send via POST method and not GET method. Can it be captured! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple loops for Load test

Hi All, I am trying to write a bash script that will read a list of numbers from a file, then it needs to use netcat to create a socket connection and pass header/request. I need to limit it to 100 connections. So, after the first set of 100 are fineshed, I need to loop and do it again with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willdev
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture data in a file

How to capture the rows in a file after executing the store procedure using the perl scripts? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture two set of data to same line...simple

I would like to capture output from two commands to a test file on the same line... I want to get a file with all Applications and the Version of it...here are the two commands I use to get the output. To get Application list I use ls -1 /Applications/ |grep .app >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory load test

is there a program out there that will put a memory load on my HP_ux 11.11 box. I need to stress mem/swap to setup memory thresholds for my monitoring software. I am using Nimbus to monitor memory and swap. glance is telling me that memory is never past 70 percent however nimbus will page out ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myork
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

capture data from matched string/line

Hi, I have a query as follows : suppose I am matching a string in a file say "start from here" and I want to pick up 'n' number of lines () from the matched string. Is there any way to do that ? 1) going forward I want to do this for every match for the above string 2) or limit this to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture a block of data

Hi, I was trying a script to cature all data between 12-05-09 06:00:00 to 12-05-09 23:59:59 from a huge file. (i.e. Skip all data between 00:00:00 to 05:59:59) TOKEN-1 12-05-09 00:00:00 MAIPR no_OMDB_key #000995 > .. .. .. TOKEN-1 12-05-09 06:00:00 TRUNK 358 #04988 > .. .. TOKEN-1 12-05-09... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies
getloadavg(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					    getloadavg(3C)

NAME
getloadavg - get system load averages SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/loadavg.h> int getloadavg(double loadavg[], int nelem); DESCRIPTION
The getloadavg() function returns the number of processes in the system run queue averaged over various periods of time. Up to nelem sam- ples are retrieved and assigned to successive elements of loadavg[]. The system imposes a maximum of 3 samples, representing averages over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes, respectively. The LOADAVG_1MIN, LOADAVG_5MIN, and LOADAVG_15MIN indices, defined in <sys/loadavg.h>, can be used to extract the data from the appropriate element of the loadavg[] array. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the number of samples actually retrieved is returned. If the load average was unobtainable, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The getloadavg() function will fail if: EINVAL The number of elements specified is less than 0. USAGE
If the caller is in a non-global zone and the pools facility is active, the behavior of getloadavg() is equivalent to that of pset_getload- avg(3C) called with psetid set to PS_MYID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uptime(1), w(1), pooladm(1M), Kstat(3PERL), pset_getloadavg(3C), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jun 2004 getloadavg(3C)