Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading string and adding the values in the final logfile Post 302730695 by emily on Tuesday 13th of November 2012 12:22:20 PM
Old 11-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamu
Hope i got your requirement right..Smilie

Assuming some points here..

Code:
awk 'NR==FNR && $NF ~ /[0-9]/{X[NR]=$NF;next}{if(X[FNR]){$NF=$NF" "X[FNR]" "$NF+X[FNR]}}1' file1 file2

pamu
Hi Pamu,
Thanks for looking into it. There is still problem,
1.) it does work only for 2 files, whereas I need to run on some 1000 files.
2.) The content I showed for file1.list and file2.list was part of the file. The whole file has lot of trash. If there could be choice of taking some commonTxt and then further noOfLines options, would be great.

I heard, it is some festival in India. Hope you enjoying.

Greetings,
emily,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding values concatenating values

I have the following script in a shell # The start of a filename file=$(ls -tr $EMT*.dat | tail -1) # Select the latest file echo $file file_seq=$( < /u02/sct/banner/bandev2/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat) echo $file_seq file2 = '$file_seq + 1' echo $file2 It is reading a file EFTSQL.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text in final line

Dear Friends, I have a flat file where last line of it has word D$mhtt I want to add a space and back slash after it. Also wanna add -S "J" in the last line. Following example will make it clear. I have this in the last line of file D$mhtt I want D$mhtt \ -S "J" Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for string in logfile

I have a shell script that used to look for a particular sting in the last line of a log file. Howeve this string now has moved to the 3rd or 4th line from bottom. Can anyone point me to how i easiest chage this one to look within the last frew lines (5 or so) for the particular string rather... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjlinux
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and removing lines from logfile

Hello everbody. I'm trying to write a ksh script to find errors inside a logfile. But the main problem I found is that the "Logfile.txt" will got new lines very often. The software generates about 1000 lines per hour. (yes, ~24000 lines/day) "Logfile.txt" (with just very few lines) #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killuayoukai
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile Reading

I am reading through a log file that has multiple entries: xx-xxxx-xxx-130111090001 <XML> ... ... </XML> ... ... ... xx-xxxx-xxx-130111100001 <XML> ... ... </XML> There are 2 parts: 1) Take the XML statement and parse out. I have that with a sed script sed -n '/<XML>/,/XML>/p'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaAfi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding of two column values

Hi cat /tmp/xx.txt 1 4 1 5 1 6 2 1 2 1 2 1 i want to add the values of 2nd column resepect to 1st column values..for 1 in 1st column i need sum of all the values in 2nd column ..pls tell me hw to do it?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding filename and line number from multiple files to final file

Hi all, I have 20 files (file001.txt upto file020.txt) and I want to read them from 3rd line upto end of file (line 1002). But in the final file they should appear to start from line 1. I need following kind of output in a single file: Filename Line number 2ndcolumn 4thcolumn I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZDIFF(1)