Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Plus edit and edit header
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Plus edit and edit header Post 302730675 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 13th of November 2012 11:36:02 AM
Old 11-13-2012
try:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "Input_XY_File = "
read InputFile
echo "Culture Name = "
read CultureName
awk -v cn="$CultureName" -v v1=651598.50 -v v2=5695659.50 '
BEGIN {
  print "Cartograpic data in user defined format";
  print "....V....1....V....2....V....3....V....4....V....5....V....6....V....7";
  print "p " cn;
}
NR==1 {a=$1+v1; b=$2+v2}
{printf("%12.2f%14.2f\n",$1+v1,$2+v2)}
END {
  printf("%12.2f%14.2f\n",a,b);
  print 99999;
}
' $InputFile > $CultureName.dat

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VFSTAB edit

Hello all... I have a Ultra 60 that that is used for connecting a large Xerox printer to the network. This computer takes PDF's and converts them to tiffs and sends them back to a pc :p . In order to transfer data back and forth a mount is manually performed on the UNIX box. The mount of course is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeroxguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file edit help

Hi, Could anyone give me a idea how to strip the lines from a given file. example *********** 1st occurence 1st occurence 1st occurence 1st occurence *********** 2nd occurence 2nd occurence 2nd occurence 2nd occurence 2nd occurence 2nd occurence ************* 3rd occurence 3rd... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit the File

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum. I am having a requirement to edit the file(the file is having some sql code). And this file is in my colleagues login. This is readonly Now I would like to edit this file. In which way can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HP-ux: Script edit

Hallo Friends, I have written a script which goes through different directories deleting files but I think there is a shorter way I can do this please help. #!/bin/ksh #set -x cd /minotaur/Data/CFD_Input/E_CIF cd 051 for files in 2008* do rm -rf $file done # cd ../052 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit value in File

I have a file oratab with entry like this SCADAG:/esitst1/oracle/product/9.2.0.8:Y I am trying to discover a way to change the 9.2.0.8 part of this to something like 10.2.0.4 as part of an upgrade script. I have tried cat /etc/oratab >>/tmp/oratab... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

6. Solaris

how to edit /etc/vfstab

I created a file system earth in /earthpool (zpool). I mounted the file system on a directory /earth. But, when I reboot my machine it doesn't load the file systems and the zpool and zfs shows no pools available and no datasets respectively. I am using Solaris 10 running on X4500. Could you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
5 Replies

7. Linux

Edit Grub? help!

Please help! I have installed 5 Linux OS in the following order: 1st : OpenSUSE 11.0 2nd : Ubuntu 8.4 3rd : Ubuntu 8.10 4th : OpenSUSE 11.1 5th : Fedora 10 Here is the scenario, at the 4th installation i can still choose which OS to boot as what OpenSUSE grub displays. Now, after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit command

printf '3d\nw\nq\n' | ed -s file please explain the above command what the (ed -s file) will do by getting the first input. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to edit a file

looking for a script or command to push out from a centralized machine to multiple machines. I have the software in place that will do this already, but I need to tell it what command to run on each machine with this file. what I need is a script or command to edit a file in a specific manner.... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skunky
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit Text

Hi everyone , i am new in shell scripting and i want to do a simple job. A have in a file a text that looks like : 4770 maniac 20 0 13680 312 240 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 pro 4770 maniac 20 0 23448 312 240 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 pro 4770 maniac 20 0 33216 312 240 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 pro and i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcmaniac
2 Replies
print(1)							   User Commands							  print(1)

NAME
print - shell built-in function to output characters to the screen or window SYNOPSIS
ksh print [ -Rnprsu [n]] [arg...] DESCRIPTION
ksh The shell output mechanism. With no flags or with flag - or -, the arguments are printed on standard output as described by echo(1). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n suppresses new-line from being added to the output. -R -r (raw mode) ignore the escape conventions of echo. The -R option will print all subsequent arguments and options other than -n. -p causes the arguments to be written onto the pipe of the process spawned with |& instead of standard output. -s causes the arguments to be written onto the history file instead of standard output. -u [ n ] flag can be used to specify a one digit file descriptor unit number n on which the output will be placed. The default is 1. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 Output file is not open for writing. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
echo(1), ksh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 print(1)