Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Declaring arrays in csh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Declaring arrays in csh Post 302730569 by drl on Tuesday 13th of November 2012 08:29:06 AM
Old 11-13-2012
Hi.

The man csh document does not discuss arrays using that term, at least the version that describes tcsh. It does mention components of lists.

Perhaps the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...s-c-shell.html may help you.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declaring Local Arrays

I have some function function() { fileNamelist=( `find Uploads -name "somePattern" | tr '\n' ' '` ) } but "local fileNamelist" makes it variable. How do I declare fileNameList as a local array in BASH? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declaring functions in CSH

Hi all, It might seem like a very trivial question but I am new to shell scripting so excuse for that. I have an existing script in CSH. I need to create a function in the script which takes some parameters and returns a result. Can someone please let me know the syntax for function... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring variable with for $(seq)

Hi guys. i have the following script: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 linkcount=$(grep "/portal" tickets | wc -l) 3 grep "/portal" tickets > links 4 for i in $(seq 1 $linkcount); do 5 echo "BLYAT" 6 let link$i=$(sed -n "$i"p links) 7 echo $ 8 done the problem is, that "let" can`t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neverhood
1 Replies

5. Programming

Declaring variables

Hey guys im facing a problem in declaring variables. i have a few classes like the one below... #ifndef _FINANCE_H #define _FINANCE_H #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std ; class readStraitsTimesIndex { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring a variabale as string type

I know that directly we can assign a string to a variable but is there any other way to declare a variable as string type. I am using tcsh shell where I am using a function which would return a value of string type but when I am using return keyword , it is returning only integer value.pls help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

8. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declaring variables without initialization

I get an error in my shell script that line 1: )unexpected. Line 1 in my script (using sh by the way) is the variable I declared but did not initialize it. result= Is this wrong? How can I fix it? I am using the variable later in the program, so I figured I could just declare it first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL: Declaring Array

Is it possible to declare an array in the following way: @tmp = (@f,"String1","String2", "String3",@f); I'm getting the following error message: Array found where operator expected at Program.pl line 181, near "" (Missing semicolon on previous line?) ---------- Post updated at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)