Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh code issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh code issues Post 302730193 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of November 2012 10:09:23 AM
Old 11-12-2012
You are misusing the ssh command.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
ssh 172.16.16.10 'cd /tmp && mkdir folder1 && cd folder1 && touch 111.txt'

exit

If you are going to execute a bunch of commands consider writing a shell script, then sftp the script over to the remote box and use ssh this way:

Code:
ssh 172.16.16.10 '/path/to/myscript.sh "parm 1"  "parm 2" '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

is running this command via ssh possible? (formatting issues)

Here is the command I want to run: for pkg in `pkginfo | grep -i VRTS | awk '{print $2}'`; do showrev -p | grep $pkg; done | awk '{print $2 "\t" $7}' | uniq It returns the package info in a form such as: 113210-03 VRTSfspro 112392-06 VRTSvmman 113596-03 VRTSvmpro... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a script over ssh, having issues with tty assignment

Hey folks! I'm trying to run a tcpdump command that monitors for possible malicious traffic. I want to be able to run this on any of several remote boxes that I monitor which all have different capture interfaces. I've gotten the script to the point where it logs into the box and attempts to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JASI
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10: Cannot ssh into machine- authentication issues

Greetings! I just managed to install Solaris 10 on a Sparc based machine. However, there might be a problem with the way ssh is configured. I CAN ssh from the machine into another on the network (same subnet, as root), but then the newly installed machine CANNOT seem to accept incoming ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

ssh passphrase issues - Mac OS X

ssh passphrase permissions issues I will try to be as thorough as possible, but keep in mind I am a designer, not a programmer... I do have linux mdadm experience and am reasonably comfortable behind the terminal, but I may need things to be spelled out for me. I am using 2 new-ish Macs with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ahab the Eskimo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH and PAM authentication issues on Solaris 10

This is a zone running Solaris 10u8 on a 6320 blade. The global zone is also running 10u8. One my users is attempting to change his password and getting a following screen: $ ssh remotesys Password: Warning: Your password has expired, please change it now. New Password: Re-enter new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

issues with ssh login

I have a Rhel 3 machine. I can login to it through telnet. The config files /etc/ssh/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/ssh_config has not been modified. But the IP address of the system was changed. Could this be issue? It was earlier configured for passwordless login(dsa). I tried moving the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Remote ssh execution and .profile issues

Greetings, i'm currently having issues in successfully executing a script from one server to other, and i'm cracking my nut in understanding why. Let's get started with the default info: Server A: briozzo@A:/home/briozzo $ uname -a HP-UX A B.11.31 U ia64 2787251109 unlimited-user license ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script over ssh execution issues.

If I execute below code I am able to get string from column8 and column10 about a process. serverA1$> ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}' /<Oracle_home>/ohs/bin/odl_rotatelogs -h:/<app_Home>/config/OHS/ohs1/component_events.xml_ohs1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh issues

i have two servers that i have installed ssh but i want to copy the public keys from one server to the other using the ssh-copy-id user@x.x.x.x i do get a message to put my password for that user and it then comes out with an error message permission denied after imputing my password for this user... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues making SSH non-Interactive

I fire the rsyn command as below: rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive -e "/usr/bin/ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" user1@myhost.server.com:/tmp/jarexplorer-0.7.jar /web/admin/data/ The above command get interpreted as below: ssh -vvv -o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)