Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "Connection closed by foreign host error" in Solaris 10 Post 302730065 by rbatte1 on Monday 12th of November 2012 06:19:29 AM
Old 11-12-2012
With the Oracle listener running configured for port 2012, can you open an ODBC connection? You might need to tweak tnsnames.ora on the client side to point to the correct port.

If that opens correctly (as a telnet would not handshake properly) then you have proved that this is not a network error (even if it's between to local VMs) and you need to be looking at the Golden Gate server to see if there is a configuration for that to allow certain connections, e.g. does it have an allowed IP address list, allowed users (e.g. does username/uid on client match username/uid on servers and is it allowed) It might depend how Golden Gate works.

Have you contacted the supplier? I can't find any matches after a quick web-search.

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."?

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." I tried to do ftp to one of the unix server . ftp hostname password It get connects when i do any command it throws error ftp> ls "421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishaldsh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Connection closed by remote host" while doing ssh to a solaris box

Hi All, When i try to do ssh from a linux to solaris box its throughing "Connection closed by remote host". Please not that this error is not occuring every time i do ssh, it occurs at random timing( Mostly ssh is successful) - unfortunately my script which is doing ssh is falling at this time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkumar7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script/telnet - Remove/Control "Connection closed by foreign host"

How do I gain control of the "Connection closed by foreign host" message telnet yields when you connect to it in a shell script? I'm using the output: #!/usr/local/bin/bash count=$(ping -c 1 $1 | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }') if ; then echo "$1 PING "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

5. Solaris

"Connection closed by" error

OS: Solaris 8 Sparc server1:userA:/home/userA# ssh userB@server1 Connection closed by < IP address> Problem: From being a userA, I am unable to connect/ssh to the same server as when trying to use a different account. (userB) Do you know where can i start checking? Here are some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Connection closed by foreign host

I am trying to connect to my HP server from remote machine. It gets connected but once credential are provided the connection is closed. adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 32 ] telnet myserv1 Trying... Connected to myserv1. Escape character is '^]'. Local flow control on Telnet TERMINAL-SPEED... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Connection closed by host error in rhel 6 Linux

Hi All, I am new to Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 version. I am facing an issue with my lab server which is having RHEL6 lab1:root> uname -a Linux lab1 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am getting this error for every 18 minutes 30... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: go2suresh1979
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Bash Script (Connection closed by foreign host.)

Hello Everyone, My following script is giving me problems, when the SIP trunk goes down and the telnet session is started and just when the command is about to complete the connection is closed then script restarts. I have noticed that as soon the script types in "sys re" or "sys rebo" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet error- Escape character is '^]' and connection closed by foreign host

In program, I want to telnet the ports present in telnet.txt file and capture screenshot of open port which is opened on new terminal. Problems: Escape character is '^]' and Connection closed by foreign host. Loop is not working properly. It only take one ports and closed the connection. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet in script Connection closed by foreign host

Hello, I'm trying to learn and automate some tasks via a script, but my first ever script failed with "connection closed by foreign host" error. I checked the other discussions but it didn't help. Could you please help? #!/bin/bash ( sleep 2 echo open x.x.x.x 23 sleep 2 echo user sleep 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Myrtle
1 Replies
MKTAP(1)																  MKTAP(1)

NAME
mktap - create twisted.servers SYNOPSIS
mktap [options] apptype [application_option]... mktap apptype --help DESCRIPTION
The --help prints out a usage message to standard output. --debug, -d Show debug information for plugin loading. --progress, -p Show progress information for plugin loading. --encrypted, -e Encrypt file before writing (will make the extension of the resultant file begin with 'e'). --uid, -u <uid> Application belongs to this uid, and should run with its permissions. --gid, -d <gid> Application belongs to this gid, and should run with its permissions. --append, -a <file> Append given servers to given file, instead of creating a new one. File should be be a tap file. --appname, -n <name> Use the specified name as the process name when the application is run with twistd(1). This option also causes some initialization code to be duplicated when twistd(1) is run. --type, -t <type> Specify the output file type. Available types are: pickle - (default) Output as a python pickle file. source - Output as a .tas (AOT Python source) file. apptype Can be 'web', 'portforward', 'toc', 'coil', 'words', 'manhole', 'im', 'news', 'socks', 'telnet', 'parent', 'sibling', 'ftp', and 'mail'. Each of those support different options. portforward options -h, --host <host> Proxy connections to <host> -d, --dest_port <port> Proxy connections to <port> on remote host. -p, --port <port> Listen locally on <port> web options -u, --user Makes a server with ~/public_html and ~/.twistd-web-pb support for users. --personal Instead of generating a webserver, generate a ResourcePublisher which listens on ~/.twistd-web-pb --path <path> <path> is either a specific file or a directory to be set as the root of the web server. Use this if you have a directory full of HTML, cgi, php3, epy, or rpy files or any other files that you want to be served up raw. -p, --port <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the server on. -m, --mime_type <mimetype> <mimetype> is the default MIME type to use for files in a --path web server when none can be determined for a particular extension. The default is 'text/html'. --allow_ignore_ext Specify whether or not a request for 'foo' should return 'foo.ext'. Default is off. --ignore-ext .<extension> Specify that a request for 'foo' should return 'foo.<extension>'. -t, --telnet <port> Run a telnet server on <port>, for additional configuration later. -i, --index <name> Use an index name other than "index.html" --https <port> Port to listen on for Secure HTTP. -c, --certificate <filename> SSL certificate to use for HTTPS. [default: server.pem] -k, --privkey <filename> SSL certificate to use for HTTPS. [default: server.pem] --processor <ext>=<class name> Adds a processor to those file names. (Only usable if after --path) --resource-script <script name> Sets the root as a resource script. This script will be re-evaluated on every request. This creates a web.tap file that can be used by twistd. If you specify no arguments, it will be a demo webserver that has the Test class from twisted.web.test in it. toc options -p <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the server on. mail options -r, --relay <ip>,<port>=<queue directory> Relay mail to all unknown domains through given IP and port, using queue directory as temporary place to place files. -d, --domain <domain>=<path> generate an SMTP/POP3 virtual maildir domain named "domain" which saves to "path" -u, --username <name>=<password> add a user/password to the last specified domains -b, --bounce_to_postmaster undelivered mails are sent to the postmaster, instead of being rejected. -p, --pop <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the pop3 server on. -s, --smtp <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the smtp server on. This creates a mail.tap file that can be used by twistd(1) telnet options -p, --port <port> Run the telnet server on <port> -u, --username <name> set the username to <name> -w, --password <password> set the password to <password> socks options -i, --interface <interface> Listen on interface <interface> -p, --port <port> Run the SOCKSv4 server on <port> -l, --log <filename> log connection data to <filename> ftp options -a, --anonymous Allow anonymous logins -3, --thirdparty Allow third party connections --otp Use one time passwords (OTP) -p, --port <port> Run the FTP server on <port> -r, --root <path> Define the local root of the FTP server --anonymoususer <username> Define the the name of the anonymous user manhole options -p, --port <port> Run the manhole server on <port> -u, --user <name> set the username to <name> -w, --password <password> set the password to <password> words options -p, --port <port> Run the Words server on <port> -i, --irc <port> Run IRC server on port <port> -w, --web <port> Run web server on port <port> AUTHOR
Written by Moshe Zadka, based on mktap's help messages REPORTING BUGS
To report a bug, visit http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Twisted Matrix Laboratories. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
twistd(1) July 2001 MKTAP(1)