Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed data extract
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed data extract Post 302729693 by mirni on Saturday 10th of November 2012 11:05:46 PM
Old 11-11-2012
To identify which file is missing the string, I'd process them in a loop:
Code:
for i in inputs*.txt ; do 
   if grep -q "$string" ; then
       sed '...' $i
   else
        echo file $i is missing $string >&2
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to extract data from Xml file

Hi, I want to get data from Xml file by using sed or awk command. I want to get the following result : mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 and save it in cvs file (fichier.cvs). FROM this Xml file (test.xml): <playlist version="1"> <trackList> <track>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from a data matrix with filter criteria

Here is what old matrix look like, IDs X1 X2 Y1 Y2 10914061 -0.364613333 -0.362922333 0.001691 -0.450094667 10855062 0.845956333 0.860396667 0.014440333 1.483899333... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssshen
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data ?

Hi, I'm trying to pick out a data field eg. from below. I need the required field as below but they are filled sometimes with weird chars like \-(. or watever. How can I accurately extract the 3rd field in shell? :confused: ID IDNO - REQUIRED FIELD ID 1447 - MAT620BR. ID 1452 -... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxnoob
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data b/w two words using sed

Hi, I want to extract data b/w two words with the help of sed.. Eg: In "Anna said that she would fetch the bucket", I want to display data b/w "Anna" and "would" O/P: said that she I have tried with below code, but unable to get desired o/p echo "Anna said that she would fetch the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Router ping log extract data from it Awk/Sed/grep

Hi, I am new to this world.. Using expect i loging to router and checking ping response to my links. I need to genarate report using this output and that report contains only three file link name, packet loss, latency. my output of script is like below: -bash-3.00$ monmw/mwbkp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmistry
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk, cut, to extract specific data from line

Hi guys, I have been trying to do this, but... no luck so maybe you can help me. I have a line like this: Total Handled, Received, on queue Input Mgs: 140 / 14 => 0 I need to, get the number after the / until the =, to get only 14 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies
bup-meta(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bup-meta(1)

NAME
bup-meta - create or extract a metadata archive SYNOPSIS
bup meta --create [-R] [-v] [-q] [--no-symlinks] [--no-paths] [-f file] <paths...> bup meta --list [-v] [-q] [-f file] bup meta --extract [-v] [-q] [--numeric-ids] [--no-symlinks] [-f file] bup meta --start-extract [-v] [-q] [--numeric-ids] [--no-symlinks] [-f file] bup meta --finish-extract [-v] [-q] [--numeric-ids] [-f file] DESCRIPTION
bup meta either creates or extracts a metadata archive. A metadata archive contains the metadata information (timestamps, ownership, access permissions, etc.) for a set of filesystem paths. OPTIONS
-c, --create Create a metadata archive for the specified paths. Write the archive to standard output unless --file is specified. -t, --list Display information about the metadata in an archive. Read the archive from standard output unless --file is specified. -x, --extract Extract a metadata archive. Conceptually, perform --start-extract followed by --finish-extract. Read the archive from standard input unless --file is specified. --start-extract Build a filesystem tree matching the paths stored in a metadata archive. By itself, this command does not produce a full restora- tion of the metadata. For a full restoration, this command must be followed by a call to --finish-extract. Once this command has finished, all of the normal files described by the metadata will exist and be empty. Restoring the data in those files, and then calling --finish-extract should restore the original tree. The archive will be read from standard input unless --file is specified. --finish-extract Finish applying the metadata stored in an archive to the filesystem. Normally, this command should follow a call to --start- extract. The archive will be read from standard input unless --file is specified. -f, --file=filename Read the metadata archive from filename or write it to filename as appropriate. If filename is "-", then read from standard input or write to standard output. -R, --recurse Recursively descend into subdirectories during --create. --numeric-ids Apply numeric user and group IDs (rather than text IDs) during --extract or --finish-extract. --symlinks Record symbolic link targets when creating an archive, or restore symbolic links when extracting an archive (during --extract or --start-extract). This option is enabled by default. Specify --no-symlinks to disable it. --paths Record pathnames when creating an archive. This option is enabled by default. Specify --no-paths to disable it. -v, --verbose Be more verbose (can be used more than once). -q, --quiet Be quiet. EXAMPLES
# Create a metadata archive for /etc. $ bup meta -cRf etc.meta /etc bup: removing leading "/" from "/etc" # Extract the etc.meta archive (files will be empty). $ mkdir tmp && cd tmp $ bup meta -xf ../etc.meta $ ls etc # Restore /etc completely. $ mkdir tmp && cd tmp $ bup meta --start-extract -f ../etc.meta ...fill in all regular file contents using some other tool... $ bup meta --finish-extract -f ../etc.meta BUGS
Hard links are not handled yet. BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org>. Bup unknown- bup-meta(1)