Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Selective delete command Post 302729325 by sonia102 on Friday 9th of November 2012 12:23:31 PM
Old 11-09-2012
Thanks for commands !! It worked Smilie though I myself was unclear with my question!!
Thanks a lot!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Trying to delete a directory pattern-selective deletion

Trying to delete a directory or a file using a pattern-selective deletion (using “*” and “?” ) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herberwz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] delete character in vi file

I have a file with lots of unnecessary double quotes ("). I tried to remove them but not successful. Please assist. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Delete files with condition

I have a directory containing thousands of items “video files”, these items were generated by an application, which generates two items with the same name but with different extensions “.avi and .mp4”. There was a tool in my application to remove one item @ a time. Later I found this tool removes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: awadeid
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RegEx - selective delete around a pattern

I need RegEx to delete text block delimited by "^--" and "^request saved" if the block contained the pattern "FAILED:No air,rail,hotel or car" in the following. Many thanks in advance! company_id=9292 queue_id=72 internationalOnly=0 Building XML... ABC123 Adding passenger first=First ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshansharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective command line parameters.

Hi, I have a script which has 3 command line parameters.But sometimes it will also take 2 command line parameters or 1.How to do it? I am using $1,$2... to specify the command line parameters. The script which i have written is given below. #!/bin/sh echo "database="$1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective delete in SQL

Hi All This might be a weird query but its related to deleting specific details in database. Bascially I had built a database using a set of files seq1 of 300 mb seq2 of 200 mb seq3 of 350 mb seq4 of 300 mb and after building the database i realized that i didn't need the whole data.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Delete files older than 10 years

I need a command which delete files older than 10 years. I got a command for 90 days and all commands I find are for days and nothing for years. find file_name -mtime +90 -exec rm {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
5 Replies

9. AIX

[Solved] Not able to delete/create file in /tmp

This is AIX box and I am not able to create or delete file in /tmp though space is there root@ttcols01/ #touch /tmp/test_file touch: 0652-046 Cannot create /tmp/test_file. root@ttcols01/ #mkdir /tmp/test_dir mkdir: 0653-358 Cannot create /tmp/test_dir. /tmp/test_dir: Invalid file system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace and delete

Hi My input file looks like this: >BAHMI01000090.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item00090, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01050012.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item02310, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01070078.1 Details of the shopping list ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)