Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for file names with variables Post 302729213 by miriammiriam on Friday 9th of November 2012 10:07:40 AM
Old 11-09-2012
We tried te way you said but it could not find the files under the directories..

Here is our code and the result..

Code:
[gurbuz@localhost INVERSION]$ cat stack.csh
#!/bin/csh

foreach dir (`ls -d ARMT`)
cd $dir

foreach drr (`ls -d *baz*`)
cd $drr
echo $drr

foreach drc (`ls -d *dist*`)
cd $drc
echo $drc

ls *_*eqr* > data
set year=`cut -c 1-2 data`
set jday=`cut -c 4-6 data`
set hour=`cut -c 8-9 data`

cd ..
end    
cd ..

cp \*$year\*$jday\*$hour\* /$drr/$drc 

end
cd ..
end

[gurbuz@localhost INVERSION]$ csh st
stack.csh    stack.csh-p  
[gurbuz@localhost INVERSION]$ csh stack.csh
baz_100_135
dist_30_60
ls: No match.
dist_60_90
cp: target `/baz_100_135/dist_60_90' is not a directory
baz_20_90
dist_60_90
cp: target `/baz_20_90/dist_60_90' is not a directory
baz_300_360
dist_60_90
cp: cannot stat `*12*145*22*': No such file or directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Simultaneous searching for files (names matching certain criteria) in several directo

Hello everyone, My OS is AIX 5.2 I would like some help in getting command syntax that does the following: 1. Searches simultaneously several directories downward; 2. Checks every subdirectory in each directory (and so on...) for file names that contain certain characters such as “~”, start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopeful
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Directory Names for Use as Bash Variables

Hi all: I have a directory where all of the subdirectories are named by the convention "images_#1:#2_Date." My goal is to get an array for each subdirectory that has the structure (#1,#2, int). I am able to use awk to print each subdirectory's values, but cannot figure out how to get them into an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aefskysa
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Retrieving names of variables passed with -v

I'm an experienced awk user, but this one has me stumped. I have an awk script which is called from a UNIX command line as you'd expect: myscript.awk -v foo=$1 -v bar=$2 filename My question is this: is there a mechanism for determining the names of the -v variables within a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Mac
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching File Names

I am interested in writing a really simple alias to search for duplicates in file names in a given directory. As an example, the file names follow a convention like: TGIFRIDAY_55566_RESTAURANT TGIFRIDAY_98744_RESTAURANT TGIFRIDAY_67778_RESTAURANT TGIFRIDAY_55566_RESTAURANT These are all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tennesseej
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables names from array and assign the values

Hi, I have requirement to assign values to variables which are created dynamically. Below is the code which i am using to achieve above requirement. #!/bin/ksh oIFS="$IFS"; IFS=',' STR_FAIL_PARENT_IF_FAILS="WF_F_P_IF_FAILS1,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS2,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS3" set -A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create files with two or more variables in its names?

Hi all, Iam writing a perl script to create many files with variables in their name. i am able to do it, if iam using only one variable. But with two variables the file names are NOT getting generated in the way i want. plz help me out. 1. open(SHW,">divw_unsigned_50_50_$k.reset") or die... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a file - and assigning responses to variables (or something)

So first: Sorry if the title is confusing... I have a script I'm writing with a file with several names in it (some other info - but it's not really pertinent...) - I want to be allow the user to delete certain records, but I ran into a problem I'm not sure how to go about fixing. If I were... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabster
6 Replies
_ENV(3) 								 1								   _ENV(3)

$_ENV - Environment variables

An associative array of variables passed to the current script via the environment method.

These  variables are imported into PHP's global namespace from the environment under which the PHP parser is running. Many are provided by
       the shell under which PHP is running and different systems are likely running different kinds of shells, a definitive list  is  impossible.
       Please see your shell's documentation for a list of defined environment variables.

Other environment variables include the CGI variables, placed there regardless of whether PHP is running as a server module or CGI proces-
       sor.

$HTTP_ENV_VARS contains the same initial information, but is not a superglobal. (Note that $HTTP_ENV_VARS and $_ENV are different variables
       and that PHP handles them as such)

+--------+---------------------------------------------------+
       |Version |						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|		     Description		    |
       |	|						    |
       | 4.1.0	|						    |
       |	|						    |
       |	|  Introduced $_ENV that deprecated $HTTP_ENV_VARS. |
       |	|						    |
       Example #1

$_ENV example

<?php
	      echo 'My username is ' .$_ENV["USER"] . '!';
	      ?>

Assuming "bjori" executes this script

The above example will output something similar to:

My username is bjori!

Note

This  is	a  'superglobal', or automatic global, variable. This simply means that it is available in all scopes throughout a script.
	      There is no need to do global $variable; to access it within functions or methods.

getenv(3), The filter extension.

PHP Documentation Group 														   _ENV(3)