Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PS3 select when wrong input given Post 302729111 by ningy on Friday 9th of November 2012 04:26:35 AM
Old 11-09-2012
Thanks for the above solution .
Another tip I want for removing the chosen option to not appear in the options.
Say i chose 1) filname1 . I dont want it to appear again.

I have tried like below (HP UNIX) but cannot get it to work:

Code:
PS3="Enter corresponding number and hit enter:"
select DIR in `cat mylist`  QUIT
do
if [ -z "$DIR" ]
   then
   echo "INVALID INPUT"
else
if [ -d "$mysource/$DIR" ]; then
echo "Copying $mysource/$DIR ................................"
             cp -rp $mysource/$DIR $mydest/

mv -f mylist mylist1
                  perl -ne "print unless /\b$DIR\b/" mylist1 > mylist

else
     break
  fi
  fi
  REPLY=''
done

Last edited by ningy; 11-09-2012 at 05:31 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select datas from an input file

I have a file containing a list of references and I want to run a script that will make the same action for each reference. The input file changes every hour, it's why I want to use a script that can read in a file, record by record, and run a specific action for the reference readed. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dde
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract/select pattern from input

Hey, examples of the input (text line): /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/blabla.rar /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/blabla23124.bin /bla/bla/bla/bla/bla/bla.bin and what I need to do is extract/select only the dir path so the output would be: /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/ /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK command giving wrong input

Hi all, I have a problem with qwk command. i have to check process status and for that i am using command prstat -mvL 1 1 and it gives me the entire output but when i use this command with awk like this: prstat -mvL 1 1 | awk -F" " '{print $1,$15}' to get first and 15th arguments. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to test input variable is a string in a select loop

Okay -- I hope I ask this correctly. I'm working on my little shell script to write vendor names and aliases to files from user input. If a user choose to add to a file, he can do that as well. I'm using a select loop for this function to list all the possible files the user can choose from.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS3 and SELECT, is it possible to put a line break?

Hi all, Before I give up on using SELECT for my first attempt at creating a menu driven script, can anyone please advise if it is possible to include a line break for PS3, I've tried putting in a \n and it does not work. Tried for both bash and ksh and both gives the same result. Preference... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is is possible to pass multiple entries in PS3 select ?

PS3="Enter corresponding number and hit enter:" select DIR in `cat mylist` QUIT do if then echo "INVALID INPUT" else if ; then my commands ..... else break fi fi REPLY='' done The above will return something like below : Select from the list of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select command help with blank input value

I have a select menu driven script using a case statment and cannot control what happens after a user's input is just <ENTER> or the <SPACEBAR>+<ENTER>. I want it to just hit the "MAIN" function and not redraw the options. I've look everywhere for the answer and am at a loss. Here's the code:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to select the rows from the feed file based on the input value provided

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'select' for menu input

A lot of my scripting makes use of the 'select' command to create menu driven input. A typical example of how I use it is as: somevar='' PS3='Select one: ' while ]; do select somevar in $(sqlplus -s $dbuser/$dbpw@mydb <<EOF set echo off feedback off verify off... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
7 Replies
DCFILE(1)					      DICOM PS3 - Describe DICOM file content						 DCFILE(1)

NAME
dcfile - ACR/NEMA DICOM PS3 ... DICOM PS3 - Describe DICOM file content SYNOPSIS
dcfile [ -b|brief ] [ -filename ] DESCRIPTION
dcfile reads the named dicom or acr-nema input file and describes the encoding method of the file, ie. what transfer syntax is in use, and whether or not a Part 10 style meta-information header is present. OPTIONS
The description goes to standard error. The basic input switches are described in dcintro(1). Options specific to this program are: -b|brief Display a single line brief summary. -filename Show the name of the file supplied in the arguments; a hyphen will be reported if no filename was supplied. ENVIRONMENT
EXAMPLES
% dcfile dicomdir. Meta: UID 1.2.840.10008.1.2.1 Meta: Description "Explicit VR Little Endian" Meta: ByteOrder Little Meta: VR Explicit Meta: Encapsulated No Data: UID 1.2.840.10008.1.2.1 Data: Description "Explicit VR Little Endian" Data: ByteOrder Little Data: VR Explicit Data: Encapsulated No % dcfile expmeta.dc3 Meta: UID 1.2.840.10008.1.2.1 Meta: Description "Explicit VR Little Endian" Meta: ByteOrder Little Meta: VR Explicit Meta: Encapsulated No Data: UID 1.2.840.10008.1.2 Data: Description "Implicit VR Little Endian" Data: ByteOrder Little Data: VR Implicit Data: Encapsulated No % dcfile NM.1 Data: UID 1.2.840.10008.1.2 Data: Description "Implicit VR Little Endian" Data: ByteOrder Little Data: VR Implicit Data: Encapsulated No % dcfile test.spi Data: ByteOrder Big Data: VR Implicit Data: Encapsulated No % dcfile -b evrlewm.dcm DICOM file, with metaheader, Explicit VR Little Endian % dcfile -b evrlenom.dcm DICOM file, no metaheader, Explicit VR Little Endian FILES
SEE ALSO
file(1), dcdump(1), dcintro(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993-2010. David A. Clunie DBA PixelMed Publishing. All rights reserved. BUGS
DICOM PS3 6 March 2007 DCFILE(1)