Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making a perl script executable Post 302728017 by Scott on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 08:32:38 AM
Old 11-07-2012
Then, perhaps you forgot the "shebang" inside the script?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl

or

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

(or wherever your Perl binaries live)

It would help if you said which OS you are using, and what the error was exactly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

pls hlp: making .sh files executable

I've got a file named jdictd.sh containing the following: --- begin file contents --- #! /bin/csh echo I\'m running! java -cp jdictd.jar org.dict.server.JDictd data/dict.ini # Use the following line instead if JRE 1.1 is used # jre -cp jdictd.jar org.dict.server.JDictd data/dict.ini ---end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a C executable from inside a Perl script

here's the Perl code snippet... how can i call my C executable 'porter-stemmer' and pass it $1 as an argument? Thanks for the help! # Read through the original topic set, and modify based on the current # pre-processing options while (<TOPIC_ORIG>) { # Run pre-processing over only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
3 Replies

3. AIX

Making Executable File

Hi All: I am a newbie. I have shell script and bunch of java jar files and I want to give one single executable file (may be .bin). Ex: I have test.sh, jar1.jar, jar2.jar. I have to make process.xxx When we run "process.xxx" it will run the "test.sh" script which inturn uses jar1.jar and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxman123
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making UNIX script executable

Hello, I am very new to UNIX and I have been learning about writing scripts and making them executable. I created a script called myscript. It has three lines: #! /bin/sh # This is my first shell script echo friendsjustfriends Now I try to run it using the sh command and it works Next I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitx
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help making a script executable

making a script in vi to create a shell script called wherearethey by entering the following script: echo -n "Who are you looking for: "read userif then list=`w | grep $user | cut -c19-30` if then echo "The user $user is logged in from $list" else echo "The user $user is not logged in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in making Awk executable script

Guys I placed #!path/awk -f placed awk script and used $1 to call 1st inputfile inside the script. But some where I did mistake. Could you please help me run this script as executable I forgot to mention I also used BEGIN before placing awk script. But nothing worked out. Script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making file executable

Hi guys, i'm trying to make a file called 'run-all-tests' executable but it is not letting me for some reason. I am presented with the following error: chmod: cannot access `./run-tests': No such file or directory Basically i have a folder called ex3 and within that there are task folders:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shyamz1
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script :making array

Hi , i have a perl script which takes 'csv; file as input parameter and performs some tasks. CSV file format : MAGENTF,AGENTF8,mahfr001,tksfr01,. ./.profile 1>/dev/null 2>&1;ps -fe|grep 'gn1avm_agent -n AGENTF8'|grep gn1avm_agent|tr -s '' ''|cut -d ' ' -f 3|xargs kill -9,,. ./.profile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies
ASP-PERL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      ASP-PERL(1p)

NAME
asp-perl - Apache::ASP CGI and command line script processor SYNOPSIS
asp-perl [-hsdb] [-f asp.conf] [-o directory] file1 @arguments file2 @arguments ... -h Help you are getting now! -f Specify an alternate configuration file other than ./asp.conf -s Setup $Session and $Application state for script. -d Set to debug code upon errors. -b Only return body of document, no headers. -o Output directory, writes to files there instead of STDOUT -p GlobalPackage config, what perl package are the scripts compiled in. DESCRIPTION
This program will run Apache::ASP scripts from the command line. Each file that is specified will be run, and the $Request->QueryString() and $Request->Form() data will be initialized by the @arguments following the script file name. The @arguments will be written as space separated words, and will be initialized as an associate array where %arguments = @arguments. As an example: asp-perl file.asp key1 value1 key2 value2 would be similar to calling the file.asp in a web environment like /file.asp?key1=value1&key2=value2 The asp.conf script will be read from the current directory for parameters that would be set with PerlSetVar normally under mod_perl. For more information on how to configure the asp.conf file, please see < http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html > SEE ALSO
perldoc Apache::ASP, and also http://www.apache-asp.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2004 Joshua Chamas, Chamas Enterprises Inc. This program is distributed under the GPL. Please see the LICENSE file in the Apache::ASP distribution for more information. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-15 ASP-PERL(1p)