Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making a perl script executable Post 302728011 by Homa on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 08:25:26 AM
Old 11-07-2012
Making a perl script executable

Hello,

I have a perl program called snp_hwe.pl

I have another program called hwe_test.run which contains the following:
Code:
for file in *.inp
 do
 cp $file genotype_counts_c.txt
 ./snp_hwe.exe > $file'.res'
 done

I want to change my perl program to an executable program while changing its extension to .exe so the program hwe_test.run can detect it.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Scott; 11-07-2012 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Code tags; removed annoying headbanger :wall: icon

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

pls hlp: making .sh files executable

I've got a file named jdictd.sh containing the following: --- begin file contents --- #! /bin/csh echo I\'m running! java -cp jdictd.jar org.dict.server.JDictd data/dict.ini # Use the following line instead if JRE 1.1 is used # jre -cp jdictd.jar org.dict.server.JDictd data/dict.ini ---end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a C executable from inside a Perl script

here's the Perl code snippet... how can i call my C executable 'porter-stemmer' and pass it $1 as an argument? Thanks for the help! # Read through the original topic set, and modify based on the current # pre-processing options while (<TOPIC_ORIG>) { # Run pre-processing over only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
3 Replies

3. AIX

Making Executable File

Hi All: I am a newbie. I have shell script and bunch of java jar files and I want to give one single executable file (may be .bin). Ex: I have test.sh, jar1.jar, jar2.jar. I have to make process.xxx When we run "process.xxx" it will run the "test.sh" script which inturn uses jar1.jar and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxman123
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making UNIX script executable

Hello, I am very new to UNIX and I have been learning about writing scripts and making them executable. I created a script called myscript. It has three lines: #! /bin/sh # This is my first shell script echo friendsjustfriends Now I try to run it using the sh command and it works Next I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitx
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help making a script executable

making a script in vi to create a shell script called wherearethey by entering the following script: echo -n "Who are you looking for: "read userif then list=`w | grep $user | cut -c19-30` if then echo "The user $user is logged in from $list" else echo "The user $user is not logged in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in making Awk executable script

Guys I placed #!path/awk -f placed awk script and used $1 to call 1st inputfile inside the script. But some where I did mistake. Could you please help me run this script as executable I forgot to mention I also used BEGIN before placing awk script. But nothing worked out. Script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making file executable

Hi guys, i'm trying to make a file called 'run-all-tests' executable but it is not letting me for some reason. I am presented with the following error: chmod: cannot access `./run-tests': No such file or directory Basically i have a folder called ex3 and within that there are task folders:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shyamz1
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script :making array

Hi , i have a perl script which takes 'csv; file as input parameter and performs some tasks. CSV file format : MAGENTF,AGENTF8,mahfr001,tksfr01,. ./.profile 1>/dev/null 2>&1;ps -fe|grep 'gn1avm_agent -n AGENTF8'|grep gn1avm_agent|tr -s '' ''|cut -d ' ' -f 3|xargs kill -9,,. ./.profile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)