Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to cut the particular string and increment the rows? Post 302727953 by Jotne on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 06:39:02 AM
Old 11-07-2012
Code:
echo "|28|
vv |xcvb|
qa |cerd|
za |qwer|" | awk '/^[a-z]/ {print "output="substr($0,5,1);}'
output=x
output=c
output=q

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cut rows

Hi, I have a requirement to search for two words and grep all the lines between them. For e.g. : $cat file.dat abc,To,number acd,To,cnz \* flexibile select *\ bcd,To,lla anz,From,kln app,From,lpz I need to get all the lines between the lines cantaining word 'acd' and 'anz'. the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obedkhan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read string, check string length and cut

Hello All, Plz help me with: I have a csv file with data separated by ',' and optionally enclosed by "". I want to check each of these values to see if they exceed the specified string length, and if they do I want to cut just that value to the max length allowed and keep the csv format as it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzy80
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How reverse cut or read rows of lines

Hi, My records are like this BSC403_JAIN03|3153_TropicalFarm_LIMJM1-3_97| BSC403_JAIN03|3410_PantaiAceh_PCEHM1_4_97| BSC406_BMIN02|1433_JomHebohTV3_COW7M1_11_97| I want to extract the value before _97| This command BSC_ID=`echo $DATA | cut -f5 -d"_"` gives me _97|, 4, 11 and by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: doer
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increment numbers in several parts of a string

I know how to do produce this: string01 string02 string03 several different ways. But how do I do produce this (without getting lost in recursion): string01morestring100yetmore10 string02morestring101yetmore20 string03morestring102yetmore30 ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy or cut specific rows from appended file with some conditions

Hi I have one file which is containing about 5000 rows and 20 columns I will just explain about my requirement here briefly with sample file, I have attached also, please help....me.. 1 28.25 36.42 5 28.26 36.42 10 28.23 36.43 15 28.22 36.43 20 28.2 36.42 25... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a string variable?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a novice at shell script. I am trying to write a script to determine each of the NIC configured on a linux system and its speed and Duplex. I came up with the following piece of code: echo `ifconfig -a | grep eth > /home/a/nic.txt` i=`awk -F, '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin883
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String increment in UNIX

Hi, I am able to increment numbers but unable to increment the charters in unix -AIX. Source : AAA BB CCC Increment Number : 5 OUTPUT: AAA BB CCC AAA BB CCD AAA BB CCE AAA BB CCF AAA BB CCG Thanks onesuri Please use CODE tags as required by the forum rules. I have made a wild... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and increment at each occurence of string (loop)

I created script (sh shell) to generate vlc playlist based on some data files. All works fine so far except one string I do not know how to handle with. VLCSTART='<vlc:id>' VLCV=0 VLCEND='</vlc:id>' echo -e $'\n'$'\t'$'\t'$'\t'$'\t'\$VLCSTART$VLCV$VLCENDOutput file contains several occurences... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and increment value in string of hex

I have a long string of hex (from ASN.1 data) where I need to find and change a particular hex value only and increment it. The hex pairs either side (84 and a7) of the value to increment will remain constant. i.e. "84 <length> <value_to_increment> a7" starting with 00. So end result: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: securegooner
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)