Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem using gsub in gawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem using gsub in gawk Post 302727715 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 06:29:36 PM
Old 11-06-2012
also try:
Code:
awk '
/^ *$/{gsub("[-]","",l);gsub(" *[|] *","|",l);sub("^[|]*","",l);print l; l="";}
/, *.. [0-9][0-9]*$/ {sub(",","|"); $NF="|"$NF}
{l=l $0 "|";}
' infile

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gsub and nawk

Hello I have problem with reg-expr and function gsub(); File that I want to preprocess look like this: int table ; printf(" variable : ", variable) ; Using nawk I try something like this: for ( .... ) { line = $0 reg_expr = "\.\=]*" "" variable "" "\.\=]*" ; gsub( reg_expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange problem with gawk

Hello Freinds, I am facing a starange problem with gawk . My programme is as follows #!/bin/sh gawk -v AMPLITUDE=$1 -v freq=$2 ' \ BEGIN{ for(i=0; i<=2559; i++){ validec = sprintf("%1.3f", AMPLITUDE * sin( (i/2559) * 2* freq * 3.14159 ) ) validec =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with AWK and gsub

Hello, I have a variable that displays the following results from a JVM.... 1602100K->1578435K I would like to collect the value of 1578435 which is the value after a garbage collection. I've tried the following command but it looks like I can't get the > to work. Any suggestions as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npolite
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub

Hi all I want to do a simple substitution in awk but I am getting unexpected output. My function accepts a time and then prints out a validation message if the time is valid. However some times may include a : and i want to strip this out if it exists before i get to the validation. I have shown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub simple problem

Hi New to shell script and awk and need assistance on this problem. I need to use a variable to substitute a string in an external file and write the changed info to another file. At first I did not know if you could use a variable as the sub value but the following showed me that I can. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use gsub and array

Hello, i'm searching for a solution to this problem. I have 2 files, the first one is like: <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>{$String1}</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>{$String2}</P> </BODY> </HTML>and the other one: {$String1}; french {$String2}; italian {$String3}; english ... {$StringN}; I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk field separator problem

I'm trying to run a code using gawk and I'm having some trouble with it. What I'm trying to do is pull out value11 from the following input: value11,value12,value13 value21,value22,value23 I have successfully done this before using awk with the following code: awk 'NR == 1 {FS=",";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KomjongShawn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GSUB/Regex Help

I am trying to write my gsub regex to replace a bunch of special characters with spaces, so i can split it to an array and look at each word independently. However, my regex skills are slightly lacking and I appear to be missing a quote or something here. I am trying to replace the following... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub

Hi, I want to print the first column with original value and without any double quotes The output should look like <original column>|<column without quotes> $ cat a.txt "20121023","19301229712","100397" "20121023","19361629712","100778" "20121030A","19361630412","100838"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
3 Replies
DOCBOOK2GJOTS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  DOCBOOK2GJOTS(1)

NAME
docbook2gjots - Convert a DOCBOOK file to gjots format (on stdout) SYNOPSIS
docbook2gjots [ DOCBOOK-file ] DESCRIPTION
docbook2gjots converts a DOCBOOK XML file into gjots format. docbook2gjots uses gawk(1) to perform the conversion. <preface>, <chapter>, <section>, <sect1>, <sect2>, <sect3> and <sect4> tags are used to define NewEntry and NewFolder boundaries. They should definitely have <title> tags. This is a quick and dirty hack using gawk(1) and does no formal checking of XML or SGML syntax nor does it validate against the DOCBOOK DTD. Consequently, if the syntax of the file is broken the conversion will probably fail. It is intended that a round-trip can be made so that gjots(1) can be used as a tool at all stages of DOCBOOK production - mainly as an out- line processor to help the author organise and order the work. A document may well start its life in gjots(1) as the initial thoughts are marshalled. As the document forms up, it can be converted to DOCBOOK with the following command which automatically adds tags such as <?xml...>, <para> etc: gjots2docbook -b file.gjots >file.xml docbook2pdf file.xml Or, starting with an existing DOCBOOK file: docbook2gjots file.xml >file.gjots In the latter case, the document will already have a lot of DOCBOOK tags so to convert back to docbook, add the -e and -p options: gjots2docbook -b -p -e file.gjots >file.xml docbook2pdf file.xml AUTHOR
Written by Bob Hepple <bhepple@freeshell.org> http://bhepple.freeshell.org/gjots COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 Robert Hepple This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PAR- TICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
gjots(1), gjots2html(1), gjots2docbook(1) DOCBOOK2GJOTS(1)