Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy part of file between two strings to another Post 302726587 by swayam123 on Sunday 4th of November 2012 11:43:27 PM
Old 11-05-2012
It s working for a different user

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can you copy strings?

Running into a bit of difficulty making duplicates of strings that enter the program via the command line. Evidently char p = q; doesn't work, and I can't do this: for( i=0 ; q != EOF ; i++ ) p = q; as the string I'm trying to duplicate comes from the command line, from argv, so I can't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: area
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I copy only part of my file to a new file?

Hi, I am looking for command to allow me only copying certain lines of records in my file to a new file. Can I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for strings & copy to new file

Hi All, I am just learning shell programming, I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given log file for two\more strings. If the the two\more strings are found then write it to a outputfile else if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple strings on a file and copy the string next to it

I tried awk for this, but failed <or my code is not correct? I dont know>. Can anyone help me on this? ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 PM ---------- my working file looks like this: <empty> <empty> <empty> NAME :ABC AGE :15 GENDER... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or Awk script to copy a part of text file.

Hi Gurus, I'm a total newbie to Perl and Awk scripting. Let me explain the scenario, there is a DB2 table with 5 columns and one of the column is a CLOB datatype containing XML. We need all the 4 columns but only a portion of string from the XML column. We decided to export DB2 table to a .del... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy part of a variable

Hi, i was using a input file to get the last line of the file.But now i have stored the values from the file to a variable and want the last line from the variable . Slightly confused on how to extract that data from the variable. previous code, cat input.txt <TIME>00:15:48</TIME>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a part of file

Hi, I want to copy text between expressions ">bcr1" and ">bcr2" to another file. Any simple solutions? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the last part since the file has been updated

Input File1 constatntly running and growing in size. My Program Erorr ddmmyy hh:mm:ss My Program Error **Port 123 terminated **ID PIN 12345 Comamnd Successful Command Terminated Command Successful Command Terminated **My Program Erorr ddmmyy hh:mm:ss My Program Error **Port 345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in UNIX shell to copy part of file name to new file name

Hi, I want to do the following in a Unix shell script and wonder if someone could assist me? I want to take files in a specific directory that start with the name pxpur012 and copy them to the same directory with the file name not containg pxpur012. For example, I have files like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)