Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; not deleting files Post 302726231 by rehantayyab82 on Sunday 4th of November 2012 01:07:37 AM
Old 11-04-2012
find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; not deleting files

i want to remove *.req files from directory
/opt/FFCL8001/oracle/inst/apps/FFCL8001_lhrho/logs/appl/conc/log

i executed command find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \;

but it is running since hours and free space in /opt is same as old 7.4 GB .

why it is not removing files ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Req)Shell script req

HI All Im new to shell scripting...kindly plz help me... I need a shell script for: We have to take export of all db's on daily basis from all svr's and keep these export backups on diffrent server. Plz help. Regards Gaurav (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergauravtaneja
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files using find command

I want to find the files and delete all the files except the last file. I am using find command , I am sending the find output to a file and getting all the lines except the last one and sending it to the remove command . This is not working. can anyone help me out to do it in the find command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaklanka
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files inside shell script - ( using find)

Hi, I am using the command find /apps/qualdb/gpcn/scripts/cab_outbound/archive -name 'z*' -mtime +28 -exec rm {} \; in unix command prompt for deleting the files in my unix system under the specfied folder. It was succesfull. But when i running this command inside a shell script name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaram.Nambura
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req 1-liner for Awk, et al to find str position

Hi, I'm trying to find the position of a series of numbers within a large text file. The numbers are separated by spaces. This works fine: type Huge_File.txt | gawk "{print index($0,"255")}" But this does not: type Huge_File.txt | gawk "{print index($0,"188 028 239 160 016 190 137... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lemming42
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on find -mtime -exec

Hello people. Part of my script: echo "Compressing files older than 2 months in ${TEMP_DIR} directory ..." find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.dat' -mtime 61 -exec compress {} \; #BELOW COMMAND DOES NOT WORK :-( <<<<<<----------- find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.o.lines.*' -mtime 61 -exec compress {}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Deleting using "find -mtime" not working

This command used to work in my old Linux servers to delete old files (older than 2 days, in this case) but it suddenly not working at all-- find /path/to/dir/* -mtime 2 -exec rm {} \; Anything I am missing? Would appreciate any tips. Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with deleting files through find

Hi, I have a script similar to this #!/bin/ksh cd /orcl/bir/eod_badfiles find ./ -type f -name "*.csv" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; find ./ -type f -name "*.bad" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; cd /orcl/bir find ./ -type f -name "*.log" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; This was working fine in one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
5 Replies
NE_GET_RESPONSE_HEAD(3) 					neon API reference					   NE_GET_RESPONSE_HEAD(3)

NAME
ne_get_response_header, ne_response_header_iterate - functions to access response headers SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_request.h> const char *ne_get_response_header(ne_request *request, const char *name); void *ne_response_header_iterate(ne_request *request, void *cursor, const char **name, const char **value); DESCRIPTION
To retrieve the value of a response header field, the ne_get_response_header function can be used, and is given the name of the header to return. To iterate over all the response headers returned, the ne_response_header_iterate function can be used. This function takes a cursor parameter which should be NULL to retrieve the first header. The function stores the name and value of the next header header in the name and value parameters, and returns a new cursor pointer which can be passed to ne_response_header_iterate to retrieve the next header. RETURN VALUE
ne_get_response_header returns a string, or NULL if no header with that name was given. If used during request processing, the return value pointer is valid only until the next call to ne_begin_request, or else, until the request object is destroyed. Likewise, the cursor, names, and values returned by ne_response_header_iterate are only valid until the next call to ne_begin_request or until the request object is destroyed. EXAMPLES
The following code will output the value of the Last-Modified header for a resource: ne_request *req = ne_request_create(sess, "GET", "/foo.txt"); if (ne_request_dispatch(req) == NE_OK) { const char *mtime = ne_get_response_header(req, "Last-Modified"); if (mtime) { printf("/foo.txt has last-modified value %s ", mtime); } } ne_request_destroy(req); SEE ALSO
ne_request_create, ne_request_destroy. AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.28.4 25 February 2009 NE_GET_RESPONSE_HEAD(3)