Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sleep while i > 0
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sleep while i > 0 Post 302725399 by itkamaraj on Friday 2nd of November 2012 07:00:20 AM
Old 11-02-2012
how do you run the process ? is it a script called in your script ?

use wait
Code:

#!/bin/bash

/call/one/script.sh
wait
echo "End"

End will print after the script.sh is fully completed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

4. Programming

Sleep() not working

I have a function that quits a program when <ctrl>c is entered as per following code; void quitter (void) { clear (); mvprintw (QUITTER_ROW, QUITTER_COL, "Quitting..."); refresh (); sleep (15); endwin (); exit (1); }This function is called thus; signal (SIGINT, quitter); It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep Command

I am in need of some help; think I have confused myself. Here is the issue I am faced with. The script log file was fine, the nohup.out file has tens of thousands of lines like illegal use of sleep: sleep seconds So I assume there is something with the seconds calculation in the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glove
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep command

Hi All I have a requiremnt to run a script inside another script. here i am pulling the record count from the table in oracle.If record count is greater than 0 the script is executed.The scripts updates the count in the table and again the count is found out and the condition is checked and same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep infinity

This might be one of the dumbest questions you've got, but please bear with me: I am a UNIX beginner. I had an test today and I was asked the following question: Q. How do you put the terminal into sleep indefinitely? I didn't know the answer, but after I came home, I tried the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: indyxandy
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep Until Query

Hi, I am a newbie in UNIX please help me develop code for below logic:-- I want my script to implement sleep until a specified time(date doesn't matter) ---------------------------------------- While currenttime > 14:00 and < 18:00 sleep end while run command exit... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiitmale
9 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)