Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to save crontab?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to save crontab? Post 302725229 by Yoda on Friday 2nd of November 2012 12:43:25 AM
Old 11-02-2012
The commands which you tried are not compatible with GNU Nano.

Try these:-
Saving a file: Hold control and press O ^O or F3
Exit the program: Hold control and press X ^X

You can get help by holding control and G ^G.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab refuses to save changes!

I'm trying to create a new crontab entry for a user on a debian box but whenever I do a crontab -e or crontab -u username -e then edit the crontab (with vim as my default editor) and :wq. I get the error message: no crontab for username - using an empty one crontab: no changes made to crontab... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fire>ant>
18 Replies

2. Programming

Why I don't have CC1 in my Unix?

gcc works find in my Unix. But when I want to use cc1, system reports: "bash: cc1: command not found". Any clue? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to save crontab

how does one save changes in crontab? i am using vi editor. Issued crontab -e command on the prompt. however not sure how to save changes. :wq doesnt work. any idea.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahab03
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't save crontab with vi

I edit crontab with vi editor, i delete the lines i wanted, but i can't save! i tried the :w, :wq, ZZ commands and it seems like vi is unfamiliar with it. any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idan_cn
3 Replies

5. Linux

How to save crontab configuration when using SSH?

Hi, I'm trying to save a crontab configuration using SSH, acessing a Linux machine from a Windows desktop. So, in the prompt I type "crontab -e", to edit crontab, and a window is opened. But after writing the changes, I press Save button but it seems not working, because when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roger75
1 Replies

6. AIX

who have these e-books?

I want to study AIX,who have these e-books?PDF or ppt is better, thanks for sharing! 1、  AIX System Admin AN10 AIX 6 Basics AN12 ... -- shortened -- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fringker
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to edit /etc/bashrc?

my ssh dont have /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf how to install httpd.conf on my site? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mampwamp
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto load and save crontab

Hi all, I am trying to simplify things for two people who will be taking over my role whilst i go on leave. In doing so, i wanted to find a way that upon login to unix, the crontab would be reloaddd and resaved. I want to do this due to our IT dept taking the server down more often of late... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KlintJ
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
XkbSAActionSetCtrls(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbSAActionSetCtrls(3)

NAME
XkbSAActionSetCtrls - Sets the ctrls0 through ctrls3 fields of act from ctrls SYNOPSIS
void XkbSAActionSetCtrls (XkbCtrlsAction act, unsigned int ctrls); ARGUMENTS
- act action in which to set ctrls0-ctrls3 - ctrls value to set in ctrls0-ctrls3 DESCRIPTION
Actions associated with the XkbCtrlsAction structure change the state of the boolean controls. The type field can have any one of the values shown in Table 1. Table 1 Controls Action Types -------------------------------------------------------------- Type Effect -------------------------------------------------------------- XkbSA_SetControls A key press enables any boolean controls specified in the ctrls fields that were not already enabled at the time of the key press. A key release disables any controls enabled by the key press. This action can cause XkbControlsNotify events. XkbSA_LockControls If the XkbSA_LockNoLock bit is not set in the flags field, a key press enables any controls specified in the ctrls fields that were not already enabled at the time of the key press. If the XkbSA_LockNoUnlock bit is not set in the flags field, a key release dis- ables any controls specified in the ctrls fields that were not already dis- abled at the time of the key press. This action can cause XkbControlsNotify events. The flags field is composed of the bitwise inclusive OR of the masks shown in Table 2. Table 2 Control Action Flags -------------------------------------------------------------- Flag Meaning -------------------------------------------------------------- XkbSA_LockNoLock If set, and the action type is XkbSA_LockControls, the server only dis- ables controls. XkbSA_LockNoUnlock If set, and the action type is XkbSA_LockControls, the server only enables controls. The XkbSA_SetControls action implements a key that enables a boolean control when pressed and disables it when released. The XkbSA_LockCon- trols action is used to implement a key that toggles the state of a boolean control each time it is pressed and released. The XkbSA_Loc- kNoLock and XkbSA_LockNoUnlock flags allow modifying the toggling behavior to only unlock or only lock the boolean control. The ctrls0, ctrls1, ctrls2, and ctrls3 fields represent the boolean controls in the enabled_ctrls field of the controls structure. Xkb macros, to convert between the two formats. XkbSAActionSetCtrls sets the ctrls0 through ctrls3 fields of act from ctrls. STRUCTURES
typedef struct _XkbCtrlsAction { unsigned char type; /* XkbSA_SetControls, XkbSA_LockControls */ unsigned char flags; /* with type, controls enabling and disabling of controls */ unsigned char ctrls3; /* ctrls0 through ctrls3 represent the boolean controls */ unsigned char ctrls2; /* ctrls0 through ctrls3 represent the boolean controls */ unsigned char ctrls1; /* ctrls0 through ctrls3 represent the boolean controls */ unsigned char ctrls0; /* ctrls0 through ctrls3 represent the boolean controls */ } XkbCtrlsAction; X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbSAActionSetCtrls(3)