Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vnc issue after reboot
Operating Systems Solaris vnc issue after reboot Post 302725063 by chidori on Thursday 1st of November 2012 04:09:02 PM
Old 11-01-2012
sorry but can you please explain me what is the reason of this error and is there any fix for this and why this happens only after reboot.

I am using solaris 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

VNC/Fedora7 issue

Hi, This has been extremely frustrating, and I need help figuring this one out! I am running Fedora 7 on computer A, and am VNCing into it from my Mac using Chicken of the VNC. For Sarah, everything works fine. However for Bob, the toolbar along the top is missing and every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Issue in reboot

Hi, Whenever I reboot this server remotely by using the command 'shutdown -r now' or 'reboot'. The server does not return to normal multi-user mode. It boots in single user mode. To bring back the server, someone is required to connect via console and fire 'init 3'. Please suggest on what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mystition
1 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Reboot Issue

Hi, We are using SCO UNIX 7.1.3 and the server recently started rebooting by itself. Do anyone know how can i create a dump or crash dump while the server rebooots? Your quick help on this is really appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Controller Issue on X4600 after reboot

One of my X4600 server had a power loss and rebooted and now its giving me a strange problem servers internal disk controller naming has changed by itself ... the after failsafe boot md.conf file shows following c3txdx but shows internal disk at c4txdx ... what could be the reason for this and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Solaris

VNC as only 1 user issue

Our current VNC setup is for only 1 user login, but this login can not access a few of the programs that I need. How can I add additional logins to VNC? I have only been able to find the logs in .vnc and the usr/bin scripts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gcad76
1 Replies

6. Solaris

VNC issue on solaris10

M running solaris 10 u8 my vncserver is running on :0 .. and when i try to connect it through tight vncview i can see just see the screen .. with no terminal .. what could be the issue for it ? and what i need to check for it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reboot script issue

Hi guys I am troubleshooting a script that informs me when a system has rebooted. The script is placed in /etc/rc3.d folder under root. The script is as follows: . /opt/scripts/function.sh PATH=/usr/bin EMAIL_ADD=<email address> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

8. Solaris

vnc Issue

Dear all, I recently installed did VNC configuration on a Solaris Server. I am using VNC E4 2 7 as my Windows client. The issue is that every time I log into my machine and use terminal ( a few commands like df -h or any other command and then close VNC ( windows). When I log back in ,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

Node switched itself from static to DHCP on reboot issue

I'm trying to figure out what circumstances would cause an Open Solaris 11.2 host to switch itself from a static to a DHCP ip address upon reboot. This has only happened once but is a cause for some concern as this machine will be part of a web server pool. Nothing has changed on the LAN that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmokeyJoe
2 Replies

10. Linux

Issue in Bonding during Reboot(Linux)

Respected Members, We encountered an issue during node reboot when eth1 and eth5 of bond1 were behaving unusual(both eth1 and eth5 were in unknown states and ifdown and ifup were used to rectify). Please find the messages and configuration files as below and please let me know for any other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudit Bansal
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)