Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling a text file while executing a script Post 302724561 by Yoda on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 09:41:19 PM
Old 10-31-2012
Suggestion: Instead of running the text file, you can export those variables in the calling script and re-try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a cgi file from shell script????

Hi.. Is it possible to call a cgi program which is used to display a pop up message in the else part...On executing the script it directly prints the source code of the pop up screen.. Please if you have any idea,share with us.Thanks. #start success250=`grep -c failure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elavv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling sql file from shell script

Hi I have a shell script that call a sql file. The sql file will create a spool file. My requirement is, when ever i get an OS error like file not found. I have to log it in a log file. Could some who worked in a like scenario help me by giving the code sample. Many Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chintapalli001
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Calling a .bat file using Korn script

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a sql file in my shell script

Hi, I want to call a sql file in my shell script. see the below code:- if ] then ( isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -w100 -b -h0 <<ENDSQL | sed -e "s/Password://" ${S_PWD} set nocount on go use ${S_DB} go // need to call a file name... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with calling a config file in script

Hi, I am writting a script and i am using SYBASE database. i have a config file with my logging credentials. when i am calling the file via isql command its throwing me an error. see the below code. while read line do SERVER=`echo $linea |awk -F"|" ' {print $1} ' ` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Config file in the Script.. Please help

Hi Guys, I need some help related to my script... I will explain you briefly about my script and requirement I written one script which will monitor all my services in the server and send a mail to me.... There are about 10 Services(Processes) running on my services, and I have written 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anji
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a php file from perl script..

Hi am new to perl script .. i need some useful tutorials links to learn perl script.. and a sample script to call a php file from perl script.. thanks.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from a RPM spec file

Hi, I want to execute a script "myscript.sh" in the %post part of a rpm spec file. Suppose the script is placed in /opt/path. Then simply calling like sh /opt/path/myscript.sh from %post part (of that spec file) will suffice? Or there is any other way? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
0 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Executing several commands in a text file

I have a file that has about 3000 commands , listed one below the other. I would like to execute them all in one go. Is there a simpler way to do it - like a batch file processing, than executing one line at a time? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies
parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)				  System Administration Commands			      parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)

NAME
parse_dynamic_clustertoc - parse clustertoc file based on dynamic entries SYNOPSIS
cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc DESCRIPTION
This script parses the clustertoc file before the suninstall(1M) process is run. parse_dynamic_clustertoc is called by a modified syscon- fig script on the install CD. When parse_dynamic_clustertoc runs, it reads the clustertoc and when it encounters SUNW_CSRMBRIFF lines, it either checks the platform using the script's builtin function, or calls an external script. The script exits with a 0 if the cluster entry is included, otherwise it will be ignored. If the cluster entry is to be included, the SUNW_CSRMBRIFF =(test test_arg)cluster line is converted to SUNW_CSRMEMBER =cluster. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking For an SX Framebuffer The following is an example of a simple external test to check for an SX Framebuffer. The entry in the clustertoc file is shown and fol- lowing that is the script that must be placed in the install.d/dynamic_test directory. SUNW_CSRMBRIFF=(smcc.dctoc sx)SUNWCsx #! /bin/sh # # Likewise, this file is expected to live under $(TESTDIR). # case "$1" in sx) prtconf -p | grep 'SUNW,sx' 1> /dev/null;; esac FILES
cdrom/Solaris_2.x/locale/C/.clustertoc.dynamic Dynamic version of the clustertoc file cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SHWPcdrom (Solaris CD) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
suninstall(1M), clustertoc(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 1995 parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)