Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print to file image sizes
Top Forums Programming Print to file image sizes Post 302724495 by graphicsman on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 04:52:45 PM
Old 10-31-2012
Im trying to get a tag <name></name> that never changes

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file sizes

Is there a command that will return the name of the largest file within a directory? If so, can I set the returned filename into a variable? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joli
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

print image files to variety printer models

Hi, I am currently working on a windows platform (2000 and XP) and was wondering if there are today solutions for the task I have. I need to print image files onto a variety of inkjet printer models, most epson non-postscript. Some of the models I know but new models are added almost every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jokofix007
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on adding file sizes

Hi I need to take a list of files that are defined by an ls -ltr or grep for particular file names - and add up the byte size colum which is field 5 seperated by a space. I tried to do this but I think I am way off: for file in 'ls -ltr | grep 20070916 | nawk -F" " '{temp+=5} END {print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file sizes

I have 2 big files in the size of gb. They are same with respect to content, both are “,” delimited. Now both of them are created by two different processes but has the same logic. The problem is they are differing only in few bytes for e.g one file is 202195751 bytes other is 202195773. So... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for file Sizes

Hi , I have some 10 files where i need to check the size of each and every file...if the size of the file is 0...I shud send out an email mentioning which file is actually of 0KB size.. Pls help (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add all file sizes in ls -l

solaris 10 (c shell) need a command or script that will add up all (*.tmp) file sizes in bytes of a single directory, or kbytes, no matter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file sizes

Hello, I need to compare the size of a file to what it's size was 20min ago. So far my outline script is:ls -ls /home > filesizeafter.txt compare filesizeafter.txt filesizebefore.txt > filesizechange.txt if /home filesizechange.txt > 100 { email root; } ls -ls /home >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chyurdan
2 Replies
tag(3tcl)																 tag(3tcl)

NAME
tag - Manipulate tagged files SYNOPSIS
tag option ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
The tag procedure provides a number of options for manipulating tagged files. COMMANDS
tag readfile filename Reads the file with the given filename and returns a list where each list element is a tag record, which is represented by a list of label-value pairs, or label-value-endlabel triples. The tag header is the first element returned. tag writefile filename list Takes a list in the format used internally in tcl programs for tagged data and writes it as a tagged file. tag extract list tests Takes a list in tagged format, and a list of conditions, and returns a new list in tagged format which contains those tag records which match the conditions. The tests is a list of test items, each of which is a list of the form { labelname condition matchvalue } The conditions are == String equals != String not equal <= Less than or equal -in Is the test value a member of the list given as the matchvalue -contains Does the match value contain the test value as a case insensitive substring. -earlier Date earlier -later Date later - dates are in ISO format (yyyy-mm-dd [hh:mm:ss]). -exists Does the label exist in this record. BUGS
tag readfile reads the whole file into memory before turning it into a list. Should be more memory efficient. The -earlier and -later comparisons require TCL8.3 AUTHOR
John Lines (john@paladin.demon.co.uk) July 3, 2000 tag(3tcl)