Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print array into a single file - AWK Post 302724325 by PaulaL on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 02:31:43 PM
Old 10-31-2012
Thank you, it work great!
and thank you very much for the explanations!!!

---------- Post updated at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:32 PM ----------

Hi Again Corona688,

How can I do it if the string codes I want to replace AAA, BBB, CCC occurs in more than one field; $8, $9, $10 and $11, for example. What do I need to change to the code:

Code:
awk -F"," -v OFS="," '
NR==FNR { T[$1]=$2; next }
$12 in T { $12=T[$12] }
{ print > FILENAME ".aaa" }' trans.txt $FILE.csv

Thank you very much in advance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print ' (single quotes)

I'm building a file with sql delete statements. I need to print the single quotes for the where clause. i.e. delete from Command where CommandName = 'SomeName'; I have the following in my script input=$(pwd)/Cmnd.csv i=0 while read line do if test $i -ge 1; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing single elements of a awk array in END

How do I access one of the indices in array tst with the code below? tst=sprintf("%5.2f",Car / 12) When I scan thru the array with for ( i in tst ) { print i,tst } I get the output of: vec-7 144 But when I try this in the END print tst It looks like it's not set. What am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print single quote in awk

Hi all, It is a very stupid problem but I am not able to find a solution to it. I am using awk to get a column from a file and I want to get the output field in between single quotes. For example, Input.txt 123 abc 321 ddff 433 dfg ........ I want output file to be as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print single quote using awk

i want to print ' symbol using awk i tried: awk '{print " ' "}' awk '{print "\' "}' both not work please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT! single apex in awk print

cat a | awk -F";" '{print "update db set column=' "$2" ' where column1=\""$1"\";"}' > ip-add.sql Hi! I'm a new user! i've an urgent help on the single apex use in the double apex print string The apex between che "$2" should not be interpreted, but....how?! I'm trying to use \ but don't work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Re DeL SiLeNziO
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: print matrix from single array

I am creating a report in groff and need to format data from a file into a table cell. Sample data: dador,173323,bpt,jsp,39030013338878,1 dador,173323,brew,jsp,39030013338860,1 dador,173323,brew,jsp,39030013339447,1 dador,173323,brew,jsp,39030013339538,1 I would like to build a table... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you print a single quote character in AWK

How do you print out a single quote character in AWK? Using the escape character does not seem to work. {printf "%1$s %2$s%3$s%2$s\n" , "INCLUDE", " \' ", "THIS" } does not work. Any suggestions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - How do I print contents of an array on a single line?

I have the following code: print @testarray; which returns: 8 8 8 9 How do I return the array like this: The output is: 8, 8, 8, 9 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)