Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find common entries
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find common entries Post 302723913 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 02:43:41 AM
Old 10-31-2012
With the number of posts you have made, I would have expected that you would be able to handle something this easy by now. But, the following should do what you want:
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{c[$1];next} {for(i=2;i<=NF;i+=2)if($i in c)$i=$i" (approved)";print}' f1 f2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find all common lines from 'n' no. of files

Hi, I have one situation. I have some 6-7 no. of files in one directory & I have to extract all the lines which exist in all these files. means I need to extract all common lines from all these files & put them in a separate file. Please help. I know it could be done with the help of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common data

Hey guys, I have two files. file1 and file2. file1: a,1 b,2 c,343 d,343 e,4343 f,4544 file 2: a, d, e, Now i need to find the common data between these files from file1. i.e a,1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:find out common entries

I have to compare 2 files which means 2 files with common entries in same column and separate those common entries in a diferent file as well right before those entries common so that I can separat common and Uncommon entries in rows in 2 different files. Is it possible For eg. one file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common entries in 2 list and write data before it

Hi all, I have 2 files: second file I want if entries in one file will match in other file. It shuld wite approve before it so output shuld be (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common numbers and print yes or no

Hi I have 2 files with following data First file, sp|Q676U5|A16L1_HUMAN, Autophagy-related protein 16-1 OS=Homo sapiens GN=ATG16L1 PE=1 SV=2, Maximum coiled-coil residue probability: 0.657 in position 163. Maximum dimeric residue probability: 0.288 in position 163. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the common values

Hi, I have two files with the below values. file1 305231921 1.0 ben/Ben_Determination_Appeals 1348791394 2.0 ben/Ben_Determination_Appeals] 1305231921 1.0 ben/Cancel_Refund_Payment_JLRS 1348791394 2.0 ben/Cancel_Refund_Payment_JLRS 1305231921 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common words

Hi, I have 10 files which needs to be print common words from those all files. Is there any command to find out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common files between two directories

I have two directories Dir 1 /home/sid/release1 Dir 2 /home/sid/release2 I want to find the common files between the two directories Dir 1 files /home/sid/release1>ls -lrt total 16 -rw-r--r-- 1 sid cool 0 Jun 19 12:53 File123 -rw-r--r-- 1 sid cool 0 Jun 19 12:53... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
5 Replies
curl_multi_add_handle(3)					  libcurl Manual					  curl_multi_add_handle(3)

NAME
curl_multi_add_handle - add an easy handle to a multi session SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLMcode curl_multi_add_handle(CURLM *multi_handle, CURL *easy_handle); DESCRIPTION
Adds a standard easy handle to the multi stack. This function call will make this multi_handle control the specified easy_handle. Further- more, libcurl now initiates the connection associated with the specified easy_handle. When an easy handle has been added to a multi stack, you can not and you must not use curl_easy_perform(3) on that handle! If the easy handle is not set to use a shared (CURLOPT_SHARE) or global DNS cache (CURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE), it will be made to use the DNS cache that is shared between all easy handles within the multi handle when curl_multi_add_handle(3) is called. The easy handle will remain added until you remove it again with curl_multi_remove_handle(3). You should remove the easy handle from the multi stack before you terminate first the easy handle and then the multi handle: 1 - curl_multi_remove_handle(3) 2 - curl_easy_cleanup(3) 3 - curl_multi_cleanup(3) RETURN VALUE
CURLMcode type, general libcurl multi interface error code. SEE ALSO
curl_multi_cleanup(3),curl_multi_init(3) libcurl 7.9.5 4 March 2002 curl_multi_add_handle(3)