Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I put data piped to my script into an array for repeated processing Post 302721571 by Marc G on Thursday 25th of October 2012 02:30:47 PM
Old 10-25-2012
ok..

While none of these worked as I had hoped, I did use the input you guys gave to find the answer..

the code
Code:
while read line
do
 data=("${data[@]}" $line)
done

allowed me to independently use the data in the array for commands like

Code:
echo ${#data[@]}

(which I used for input verification)

and other processes.

Thanks for helping lead this horse to water Smilie

Marc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - Filter data - repeated loop - Help needed...

Dear Friend, I need a help for the below problem.. Can anyone suggest me to do... Input file data: rule { name=mainrule filt=pos loc { x=right + 660 y=top - 3100 } object_kind= DRAW ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_vadalur
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script processing data from 2 files

Hi! I have 2 files containing data that I need to process at the same time, I have problems in reading a different number of lines from the different files. Here is an explanation of what I need to do (possibly with an awk script). File "samples.txt" contains data in the format: time_instant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put db2 query result into an array in shell script?

Hello, Can someone please advise me how to put the db2 query reult into an array? For example, the query reults are: string A string B string C Then how do I put them into array=string A array=string B ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put data using shell script to a excel file

Hi, Can any one tell me how to put data using shell script to a excel file from text file to other columns of excel file,leaving first column unaffected i.e it should not overwrite data in first column. Say my text file data is: 15-dec-2008 15-dec-2009 16-dec-2008 16-dec-2009 say my first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siri_886
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

put data in excel file using shell script

Hi. I wish to add data in a specific excel file on daily basis.However the currect dat's data should always come on top i.e for example should always occupy cell A7,B7,C7 .. and the data of day before which was earlier on 7th row of each coloumn should move to 8th row..data on 8th row should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script required for processing the data

I have following result.log file (always has 2 lines) which I need to process, cat result.log name.cmd.method,"result","abc","xyz"; name="hello,mine.12345,"&"tree"&" xyz "&" tree "&" xyz", data="way,"&" 1"&"rate-me"&"1"&"rate-me",str="",ret=""; now I need to extract the strings/data as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlDiva
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Large amount of data put into an array

This basic code works. I have a very long list, almost 10000 lines that I am building into the array. Each line has either 2 or 3 fields as shown in the code snippit. The array elements are static (for a few reasons that out of scope of this question) the list has to be "built in". It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and get the data then put it in array

Hi, I have a file called "readfile" it contains below parameters #cat readfile word=/abc=225,/abc/cba=150 three=12 four=45 five=/xyz/yza likewise multiple line. From the above file, I have to read "word" output should be like, /abc /abc/cba these values need to be put in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put repeated values into a table

Hi all, I have blocks of records like the following, each block ends in = in a new line, I want tabularize the entire output. The pattern is the same in every block although not all types are there in every block. For example gine3 is absent in the second block but present first and third. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
7 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)