Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris latest CPU patch graphics/gui issue Post 302720903 by topper24501 on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 09:43:03 PM
Old 10-24-2012
Solaris latest CPU patch graphics/gui issue

We just installed the latest Oracle Solaris 10 Sparc 64-Bit CPU patch (10/2012) and we are no longer able to access the GUI or the console after the OBP. We believe that this is a graphics issue. It has affected out t2000 xvr-200 graphics server and also out v440 xvr-100 graphics server.

We are still able to login remotely via ssh/telnet but we cannot login directly via the console or through the gui (monitor or kvm).

On the T2000 we are getting a white screen with black distorted lines and on the v440 we are getting an error 'The X-Server can not be started on display:0'.

We have tried to rollback and remove patches that has anything this to do with graphics. We have added packages and rm packages. We have tried to install the original xvr -x00 graphics disc that came with the servers but no luck. We have also contacted Oracle support and they have had us install a few packages and patches but still no luck. We have tried to adust the framebuffer with just about every resolution possible. We have also tried to disable the dtprofile to see if it will go straight to the console.

If there are any suggestions, please feel free to chime in. Also, if anyone has patched a t2000 or v440 , v880, or v120 with th latest CPU patchset (10/2012). Let me know if you are able to access the oracle solaris login gui or the console. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3d graphics apps for unix/solaris

Hi, I noticed that SUN is selling the Blade 100 workstation for < 1000. I am considering buying one with a high end graphics card for 3D animation/graphics (and also some java development). I am wondering if any relatively inexpensive graphics applications exist for Unix/Solaris machines. Anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eqpfunk
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

3. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Graphics problem in solaris 10

Hi, I have installed solaris 10/09 release in dell gx 520 desktop, it doesn't support graphics, i installed through text mode, can anyone tell how to get graphics on dell gx520 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Issue while installing: Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23)

Hello, As explained, I've encountered an issue while installing Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23). Actually, patch no 120011-14 stops with the following error: ERROR: attribute verification of </var/run/.patchSafeMode/root/usr/bin/passwd> failed file type <f>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.mauger
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

what is the latest awk patch?

on the server I do these commands and I get this: uname -a to find version of server OS HP-UX b8mkesc1 B.11.23 U ia64 2190843824 unlimited-user license to find version of awk what /usr/bin/awk lib.c $Date: 2007/02/23 16:15:06 $Revision: r11.23/2 PATCH_11.23 (PHCO_36053) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check latest patch applied on UNIX server

hi all, i need to check the latest patch applied on my unix server. here is the server info: bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS usa0300uz1226 5.10 Generic_148888-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise please tell which is the command for checking patch? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies
STG-REFRESH(1)							   StGit Manual 						    STG-REFRESH(1)

NAME
stg-refresh - Generate a new commit for the current patch SYNOPSIS
stg refresh [options] [<files or dirs>] DESCRIPTION
Include the latest work tree and index changes in the current patch. This command generates a new git commit object for the patch; the old commit is no longer visible. You may optionally list one or more files or directories relative to the current working directory; if you do, only matching files will be updated. Behind the scenes, stg refresh first creates a new temporary patch with your updates, and then merges that patch into the patch you asked to have refreshed. If you asked to refresh a patch other than the topmost patch, there can be conflicts; in that case, the temporary patch will be left for you to take care of, for example with stg squash. The creation of the temporary patch is recorded in a separate entry in the patch stack log; this means that one undo step will undo the merge between the other patch and the temp patch, and two undo steps will additionally get rid of the temp patch. OPTIONS
-u, --update Only update the current patch files. -i, --index Instead of setting the patch top to the current contents of the worktree, set it to the current contents of the index. -p PATCH, --patch PATCH Refresh (applied) PATCH instead of the top patch. -e, --edit Invoke an editor for the patch description. -a NOTE, --annotate NOTE Annotate the patch log entry. -m MESSAGE, --message MESSAGE Use MESSAGE instead of invoking the editor. -f FILE, --file FILE Use the contents of FILE instead of invoking the editor. (If FILE is "-", write to stdout.) --sign Add a "Signed-off-by:" to the end of the patch. --ack Add an "Acked-by:" line to the end of the patch. --author "NAME <EMAIL>" Set the author details. --authname NAME Set the author name. --authemail EMAIL Set the author email. --authdate DATE Set the author date. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-REFRESH(1)