Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using ".." to change directories in a ksh script Post 302720733 by joe cipale on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 02:38:00 PM
Old 10-24-2012
code snippet

I can post a portion. It is basically proprietary corp code.

Code:
#------------------------------------------------------------------
# Parse the command-line args

while getopts "s:g:v:q:" flag
    do
        case $flag in
        s) srp_path=$OPTARG
           print "base release        : " $test_path
           ;;
        g) grp_path=$OPTARG
           print "support release        : " $spt_path
           ;;
        v) vers=$OPTARG
           print "support version        : " $vers
           ;;
        q) prd_path=$OPTARG
           print "product path       : " $prd_path
           ;;
: )          echo "$0: $OPTARG option missing argument..."
           exit 2
           ;;
        [?]) print >&2 "Usage: "$USAGE
           exit 1
           ;;

esac
    done
shift $OPTIND-1

# Check the correctness of the cmd-line values

mypath=`pwd`
echo "DBG - my path is: " $mypath

#rbase=../../../lib/$test/profiles
#rbase=$mypath/../../../lib/$test/profiles
rbase=${PWD%/*/*/*}/lib/$test/profiles

# debug 
cd $rbase
rpath=`pwd` 
print "DBG - current path is: " $rpath

tbase=$tbase/$test
#rbase=$rbase/$test

print "DBG - Base path is: " $tbase
print "DBG - Regression path is: " $rbase

if [[ -d $tbase ]]; then
    # search paths
    test_path=$base/SOLUTION/$test/profiles
    print "DBG - path is: $test_path
elif [[ -d $rbase ]]; then
    # regression search paths
    #test_path=$rbase
    print "DBG - test path is: $rbase
else
print "The specified path does not exist..."
    exit 1
fi

The commented out bits of code are methods I have attempted and I would like to keep track of them for now.

Thanks folks.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-24-2012 at 04:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script as a login shell return "no controlling terminal"

I have created a ksh shell script and used it as a login shell for a user. </etc/passwd> lramirev:x:111:200:Luis:/export/home/menush:/usr/local/menush/menush My shell script is like this: </usr/local/menush/menush> #!/bin/ksh # if ] then . $HOME/.profile fi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramirev
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script function, how to "EXIT 2" without killing the current process?

Hi, Using AIX 5.3 and Ksh. />ls -al /usr/bin/ksh -r-xr-xr-x 5 bin bin 237420 Apr 10 2007 /usr/bin/ksh /> I recently started working for a new employer. I have written UNIX K-Shell scripts for many years and have never had this particular issue before. Its perplexing me. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh-script "arithmetic syntax error" comparing strings

Hi all, I´ve already searched the forum but can´t find what i am doing wrong. I am trying to compare two variables using ksh under red hat. The error I get is: -ksh: .: MDA=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_after_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 ` MDB=`md5sum /tmp/ftp_dir_before_transfer | cut -d' ' -f1 `... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_mike
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this "Input is not UTF-8" while executing ksh script?

Hi, I have an automated script which have set of sqls but when i am trying to execute the automated script by using nohup command, it is throwing an error like "Input is not UTF-8" . And when i digged in to it, i am getting some "Â" character in the shell script. How to avoid this!? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
getoptcvt(1)							   User Commands						      getoptcvt(1)

NAME
getoptcvt - convert to getopts to parse command options SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/getoptcvt [-b] filename /usr/lib/getoptcvt DESCRIPTION
/usr/lib/getoptcvt reads the shell script in filename, converts it to use getopts instead of getopt, and writes the results on the standard output. getopts is a built-in Bourne shell command used to parse positional parameters and to check for valid options. See sh(1). It supports all applicable rules of the command syntax standard (see Rules 3-10, Intro(1)). It should be used in place of the getopt command. (See the NOTES section below.) The syntax for the shell's built-in getopts command is: getopts optstring name [ argument...] optstring must contain the option letters the command using getopts will recognize; if a letter is followed by a colon (:), the option is expected to have an argument, or group of arguments, which must be separated from it by white space. Each time it is invoked, getopts places the next option in the shell variable name and the index of the next argument to be processed in the shell variable OPTIND. Whenever the shell or a shell script is invoked, OPTIND is initialized to 1. When an option requires an option-argument, getopts places it in the shell variable OPTARG. If an illegal option is encountered, ? will be placed in name. When the end of options is encountered, getopts exits with a non-zero exit status. The special option -- may be used to delimit the end of the options. By default, getopts parses the positional parameters. If extra arguments (argument ...) are given on the getopts command line, getopts parses them instead. So that all new commands will adhere to the command syntax standard described in Intro(1), they should use getopts or getopt to parse posi- tional parameters and check for options that are valid for that command (see the NOTES section below). OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -b Makes the converted script portable to earlier releases of the UNIX system. /usr/lib/getoptcvt modifies the shell script in filename so that when the resulting shell script is executed, it determines at run time whether to invoke getopts or getopt. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Processing the arguments for a command The following fragment of a shell program shows how one might process the arguments for a command that can take the options -a or -b, as well as the option -o, which requires an option-argument: while getopts abo: c do case $c in a | b) FLAG=$c;; o) OARG=$OPTARG;; ?) echo $USAGE exit 2;; esac done shift `expr $OPTIND - 1` Example 2 Equivalent code expressions This code accepts any of the following as equivalent: cmd -a -b -o "xxx z yy" filename cmd -a -b -o "xxx z yy" -filename cmd -ab -o xxx,z,yy filename cmd -ab -o "xxx z yy" filename cmd -o xxx,z,yy b a filename ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of getopts: LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. OPTIND This variable is used by getoptcvt as the index of the next argument to be processed. OPTARG This variable is used by getoptcvt to store the argument if an option is using arguments. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 An option, specified or unspecified by optstring, was found. >0 The end of options was encountered or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1), getopts(1), sh(1), shell_builtins(1), getopt(3C), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
getopts prints an error message on the standard error when it encounters an option letter not included in optstring. NOTES
Although the following command syntax rule (see Intro(1)) relaxations are permitted under the current implementation, they should not be used because they may not be supported in future releases of the system. As in the EXAMPLES section above, -a and -b are options, and the option -o requires an option-argument. The following example violates Rule 5: options with option-arguments must not be grouped with other options: example% cmd -aboxxx filename The following example violates Rule 6: there must be white space after an option that takes an option-argument: example% cmd -ab oxxx filename Changing the value of the shell variable OPTIND or parsing different sets of arguments may lead to unexpected results. SunOS 5.11 7 Jan 2000 getoptcvt(1)