Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Connecting a samsung galaxy siii to freebsd Post 302719891 by DGPickett on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 10:11:49 AM
Old 10-23-2012
Yes, now that we can see that it is a symbolic link inode, what is the nature of the thing it points to? The -L of ls is like the -follow in find, or stat() versus lstat(): Man Page for stat (linux Section 2) - The UNIX and Linux Forums

Well, that is what ls tells us -- what sort of inode do we have so far.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connecting FreeBSD with WindowsXP

Hey, I have two ethernet cards in freebsd box. My freebsd is connected to router using one ethernet card so other one is free. How can I connect these two computers using RJ45 so that my Windows box will have internet access as well as it will be able to read Samba shared files? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamsel
1 Replies

2. Android

Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63

Well, I've had my new Galaxy S around one day now and I must say, I am not sure if I regret buying it or not. Before buying it, I read a lot of reviews about the Galaxy S (e.g. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S review: From outer space), including reviews of problems with the GPS and some intermittent WiFi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

3. Android

can I upgrade samsung galaxy SII to android 4

I am thinking of buying samsung galaxy S II. I would like to know, does this phone capable to support ICS ? Because I am not sure if to buy now and just upgrade the phone to then next OS or should I wait to but the next phone version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

My Experience: Samsung Galaxy Phones versus the iPhone6

Just a quick note and not really a detailed review of mobile phones.... I have been a Samsung Galaxy owner since the first Galaxy S came out on the market. On a daily basis I work on two MacBook Air computers; but I wanted the openness of an Android phone; so I bought the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem connecting FreeBSD VM(Hyper-v) to internet

I created a VM for FreeBSD on hyper-v and i am having trouble connecting it to the internet. My virtual machine config are as below: 100 GB HD 1GB RAM Generation 1 Two Network adapters 1. Legacy Network Adapter 2. Network Adapter both are connected to network switch "Internet" which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
2 Replies
FSTATAT(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							FSTATAT(2)

NAME
fstatat - get file status relative to a directory file descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <fcntl.h> /* Definition of AT_* constants */ #include <sys/stat.h> int fstatat(int dirfd, const char *pathname, struct stat *buf, int flags); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): fstatat(): Since glibc 2.10: _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 700 || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L Before glibc 2.10: _ATFILE_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The fstatat() system call operates in exactly the same way as stat(2), except for the differences described in this manual page. If the pathname given in pathname is relative, then it is interpreted relative to the directory referred to by the file descriptor dirfd (rather than relative to the current working directory of the calling process, as is done by stat(2) for a relative pathname). If pathname is relative and dirfd is the special value AT_FDCWD, then pathname is interpreted relative to the current working directory of the calling process (like stat(2)). If pathname is absolute, then dirfd is ignored. flags can either be 0, or include the following flag: AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW If pathname is a symbolic link, do not dereference it: instead return information about the link itself, like lstat(2). (By default, fstatat() dereferences symbolic links, like stat(2).) RETURN VALUE
On success, fstatat() returns 0. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The same errors that occur for stat(2) can also occur for fstatat(). The following additional errors can occur for fstatat(): EBADF dirfd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL Invalid flag specified in flags. ENOTDIR pathname is relative and dirfd is a file descriptor referring to a file other than a directory. VERSIONS
fstatat() was added to Linux in kernel 2.6.16. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2008. A similar system call exists on Solaris. NOTES
See openat(2) for an explanation of the need for fstatat(). SEE ALSO
openat(2), stat(2), path_resolution(7), symlink(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-12-13 FSTATAT(2)