Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To change the delimiter for first two columns Post 302719817 by i150371485 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 07:57:45 AM
Old 10-23-2012
@hergp : Thanks for the reply. It works as expected Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cutting columns if delimiter has more than one charecter

Hi, My file looks like abc$%sdfhs$%sdf$%sdfaf$% here as seen delimiter is $%...now how cas i take out second field as cut command expect delimiter as single charecter only.....is there is any other way thanks and regards mahabunta (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to differentiate columns of a file in perl with no specific delimiter

Hi everybody, This time I am having one issue in perl. I have to create comma separated file using the following type of information. The problem is the columns do not have any specific delimiter. So while using split I am getting different value. Some where it is space(S) and some where it is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK how to change delimiter while outputting

Hello I need some help in outputting Fields when the delimiter has changed: echo "test1,test2 | test3,test4,test5" | awk -F"," '{print $1,"COUNT",$2,$4}' prints out: test1 COUNT test2 | test3 test5 But how to change the -F"," to -F"|" delimiter, so that it separates the fields from $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cutting columns if delimiter has more than one charecter (|^)

Hi All, I am having a file with the delimiter '|^'. File name:test_dlim.csv I want to cut the first field of this using awk command. I tried with the help of the following link:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split into columns based on the parameter and use & as delimiter

Here is my source, i have million lines like this on a file. disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=& drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN I want to split this into columns in order to load in database, anything starts with"&mjv=6" as first... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change delimiter in my file ?

Hi I have a file in which delimiter is ';' However if the delimiter is within "" it is a part of the string and not delimiter. How to get the fields ? I want to replace the delimiter ';' to '|'. The file contains data like this : 11111; “2222 2222”; “3333; 3333”; “4444 ""44444” The file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the delimiter from Comma to Pipeline

Hello All, I need to convert a csv file to pipeline delimiter file in UNIX. The data in file itself contains comma with double qouted qualifier apart from the comma separator. Let me know how to do it. Appreciate any help if awk can be used to do it. Mentioned below is the sample record of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change delimiter is not working using awk

I have file 2.txt and I want to change the delimiter form , to : Not sure what is the problem with below command cat 2.txt 1,a 2,b 3,d awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";OFS=":";} {print $0}' 2.txt Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
11 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)