Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about sudo
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about sudo Post 302719585 by DGPickett on Monday 22nd of October 2012 04:26:42 PM
Old 10-22-2012
You should dot in an environment script first thing, to retain control. Since this is running as a child process, it does not affect the user environment.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo question

how do i go about adding a file to sudo so a user name oracle can run the file??? for some reason my man pages dont have anything for sudo. files sudoers exist in /etc can anyone help this is urgent thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUDO question - please help

Hi, I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers about configuring SUDO. I am trying to configure SUDO to have about 30 users run about 200 scripts as a different user. I understand that I can create an User_Alias but how do I give that User_Alias rights to run all the scripts in a certain... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjad02
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo question

Folks; I have a sudo question: - I have a real user named "greg" and another generic user named "devuser" & application that must be run like start/stop as "devuser" user. Is there a way to: Have user Greg login into the Solaris 10 box as himself then sudo as "devuser" to be able to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
10 Replies

4. Linux

Sudo question

Hello, I would like to know what should I put on the sudoers file to block a determined group os using just one specific command as root? He can do anything, but not execute program X, how can I do this? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

sudo question

Hi, Is it possible to stop users from copying a login shell, say bash, to another name and then executing it via sudo to gain root priviliges? Normal users have read access to login shells, so they can copy them without any limitations. How can I stop this? Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
12 Replies

6. Ubuntu

sudo question.

Hello all, Anyone fimilar with su -l command? So when I do su -l <user> any user it doesn't prompt me for password for that user. How I enable sudo to prompt for password whenever su -l command is used. Please help! thanks, -Lalit :D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo question

Folks; I have SUDO configured on my SUSE boxes to allow a specific groups to run specific duties so one group has ALL permission & other group has permission to run a few commands only. when i look at the sudoer log, i see people login info only, Is there a way to capture every thing users do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo question

Hi All I want to grant elevated privs to a user that will be running a script as a background task. It will be launched from an ssh session via an embedded command in its key that just allows that account to run that script. I'm reading up on sudo and notice that - user ALL=(ALL) ALL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

9. AIX

Sudo question

I am running AIX 6.6.5.115 and am experiencing a problem using sudo. I have shell scripts that I created for our HR user and shell scripts that I created for root administrators. I do have a need to embed a sudo command in the user shell script to run one command as root. However the two... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonDeF
8 Replies
0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)													      0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)

NAME
0store-secure-add -- add an implementation to the system cache SYNOPSIS
0store-secure-add DIGEST DESCRIPTION
This command imports the current directory into the system-wide shared Zero Install cache, as /var/cache/0install.net/implementa- tions/DIGEST. This allows a program downloaded by one user to be shared with other users. The current directory must contain a file called '.manifest' listing all the files to be added (in the format required by DIGEST), and this file must have the given digest. If not, the import is refused. Therefore, it is only possible to add a directory to the cache if its name matches its contents. It is intended that it be safe to grant untrusted users permission to call this command with elevated privileges. To set this up, see below. SETTING UP SHARING
To enable sharing, the system administrator should follow these steps: Create a new system user to own the cache: adduser --system zeroinst Create the shared directory, owned by this new user: mkdir /var/cache/0install.net chown zeroinst /var/cache/0install.net Use visudo(8) to add these lines to /etc/sudoers: Defaults>zeroinst env_reset,always_set_home ALL ALL=(zeroinst) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/0store-secure-add Create a script called 0store-secure-add-helper in PATH to call it. This script must be executable and contain these two lines: #!/bin/sh exec sudo -S -u zeroinst /usr/bin/0store-secure-add "$@" < /dev/null The other Zero Install programs will call this helper script automatically. FILES
/var/cache/0install.net/implementations System-wide Zero Install cache. LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Thomas Leonard. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. BUGS
This program is EXPERIMENTAL. It has not been audited. Do not use it yet in security-critial environments. The env_reset line in sudoers may not be required. sudo(1) seems to do it automatically. If sudo let us check whether we could call a command then we could switch to using it automatically, instead of needing to add the helper script. Currently, sudo delays for one second and writes to auth.log if we try to use this system when it hasn't been set up. Please report bugs to the developer mailing list: http://0install.net/support.html AUTHOR
Zero Install was created by Thomas Leonard. SEE ALSO
0store(1) The Zero Install web-site: http://0install.net Thomas Leonard 2010 0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)