Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Small query on modifying the text of file Post 302718363 by emily on Friday 19th of October 2012 01:33:38 PM
Old 10-19-2012
Small query on modifying the text of file

Hi,
I have file with the following text,
Code:

/analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_1_1_33l.root
/analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_2_5_33l.root
/analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_6_7_33l.root

and many such files. For some operation on these files, I would like it to be like
Code:
/analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_1_1_33l.root /analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_2_5_33l.root  /analysis2012/533/mc_S10_533/DYJets50/vgtree_6_7_33l.root

thanks in advance,
emily,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

small semaphore query

While using semget function we use the flag 0777 | IPC_CREAT or IPC_CREAT |0666 . What is the significance of these numbers and the order in which they are written ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramit bhuyan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need in modifying the text of .txt file

Hi All, I've written a shell script in which i defined two varibles for example: str=1.0.0.15 timeStamp=2008.03.08 now using this varibles i need to modify a text file. The text content looks like this ************************ * packageNumber : 1.0.0.14 * * date :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text and modifying the file

I am in a dire need of doing this job , please help from shell script or perl script. It will be highly appreciated. Please have a look at the following INPUT file; The first 14 rows are not of interest but I want them to be included in the output file as they are. From the row 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mysql query reading a text file.

Hi, Is there any way that mysql query reads the content from a text file which has data in the below format: 1,2,3,4,5 and selects matched data from another table. ie I have a table named xyz which has same ids as in that file. I want this query to get count of the ids from xyz file by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Formating or Modifying

Hi Experts, I have a text exactly like below in a file: id item_id item_date prin_mkt_val --------------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------------- ------------------------ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apatil65
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate sequences and modifying a text file

Hi. I've tried several different programs to try and solve this problem, but none of them seem to have done exactly what I want (and I need the file in a very specific format). I have a large file of DNA sequences in a multifasta file like this, with around 15 000 genes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract query from a text file.

Hi, I've a txt file with the following contents: variable = "select name, emp_id, org_name " variable = variable + " from table_name where " variable = variable + " condition_1 = ABC and " variable = variable + " condition_2 = DEF " varaible = variable + " order by other condition " ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write MySQL query in text file and run in Linux?

I would like to call a .sql file from a .sh file in linux. The .sql file will contain queries to MySQL database. I am able to call the .sql file by running .sh file in linux, but the sql query is not working. Below is my syntax. The select statement is throwing below error. ./sample.sql: line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qytan
1 Replies
SHANTY(1)							      Shanty								 SHANTY(1)

NAME
Shanty - Makes a PostScript file from an image and some text. SYNOPSIS
shanty -i image_file [-t text_file] [-o output_file] [-s paper_size] [-d density] [-m margin] [-b background_color] [-x padding] [-n title] [-l orientation] [-rtl] [-btt] [-f font_name] [-altgd] DESCRIPTION
Shanty takes a text file and an image (PNG or JPG) and creates a PostScript file where one pixel in the image becomes one character in the PostScript. OPTIONS
-i, -image Name of the image to load in. JPG and PNG images are supported. This is the only compulsory field. -t, -text Name of the text file to load in, if omitted STDIN is used. -o, -output Name of the PostScript file to produce, if omitted STDOUT is used. -s, -size Size of the paper to work with. This field should be one of: "a0", "a2", "a3", "a4", "a5", "a6", "letter", "broadsheet", "ledger", "tabloid", "legal", "executive" and "36x36". Default is "a4". -d, -density Density of the text. Higher numbers are more dense, default is 1.4. -m, -margin The margins of the page in cm. Default is 1. -b, -background The colour of a backing rectangle to place behind the text. Colours are specified as "R,G,B" with each value between 0 and 255. "off" means no backing colour. Default is "off". -x, -p, -padding Density of the text. Higher numbers are more dense, default is 1.4. -n, -title The title of the output to write as meta-data in the PostScript file. Default is "Shanty output". -l, -orientation The orientation of the paper, can be "portrait", "landscape" or "auto". Default is "auto". -rtl Switch to right-to-left text. -btt Switch to bottom-to-top text. -f, -font Specify font. The font name specified must be visible to the not just make a font magically appear. Default is "Courier-Bold". -altgd If you have problems loading the GD library, try this switch. HOMEPAGE
<http://www.codebunny.org/coding/shanty/> AUTHOR
Duncan Martin <duncan@codebunny.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many thanks to DFB <http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~dfb/> and contributors to comp.lang.postscript. Duncan Martin 6 October 2006 SHANTY(1)