Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex: Extract substring between 2 separator Post 302717845 by chitech on Thursday 18th of October 2012 04:20:26 PM
Old 10-18-2012
Regex: Extract substring between 2 separator

Hi

Input:
Code:
aa-bb-cc-dd.ee.ff.gg

Output:
Code:
dd

I want to get the word after the last '-' until the first dot

I have tried with regex lookbehind and lookahead like this:
Code:
(?<=-).*(?=\.)

but his returns too much
Code:
bb-cc-dd.ee.ff

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed extract substring on (OS X)

On OS 10.4.11 I have filenames like: 670711 SA T2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670520 AM T1 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670716 - 2 SA T4 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670713 SA T3 v1-1_DS_EF.doc 670421 PA DYP1 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670425 PA DYP2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670107 RA T3 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670521 AM T2 v1-2_DS_EF.doc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlommel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help... to extract the substring

> tnsping $TWO_TASK | grep HOST Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.12.10.212)(PORT = 1540)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OMTST15))) I want to extract like this HOST = 10.12.10.212 PORT = 1540 SERVICE_NAME = OMTST15 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring.

I have a shell script that uses wget to grab a bunch of html from a url. URL_DATA=`wget -qO - "$URL1"` I now have a string $URL_DATA that I need to pull a substring out of..say I had the following in my string <p><a href="/scooby/929011567.html">Dog pictures check them out! -</a><font... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellpower
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Extract substring from a string

i have srtring i.e. "NAME,CLASS,AGE" (length of string is not constant) and from this string i've extract each word delimited by "," (comma). INPUT: "NAME,CLASS,AGE" OUTPUT: NAME CLASS AGE how can i do that? i have tried some string manipulation function like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadoo_c2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with multiple regex and substring

Hi Experts, I have a file on which i want to print the line which should match following criterias. Line should not start with 0 or 9 and Line should start with 1 and ( 576th character should not be 1 or 2 or 576-580 postion should not be NIPPF or CDIPB or 576-581 postion should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a substring from a string

Hi, I have an input string say for example: ABC,DEF,IJK,LMN,...,XYZ The above string is comma delimited. Now I have to extract the last part after the comma i.e. XYZ. :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract substring in a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. Could anoyone help me please? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring from a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. From position 5, 2 caracters (ex:"BB") and from position 25, 2 caracters (ex:"FF") in a file. Could anoyone help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Extract substring

Hi all, Please, i'd like to extract string just before '.fr'. Here is some lines of my file: g-82.text.text1.fr.worker1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz.fr.worker2 i'd like to extract this text: g-82.text.text1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz Please, which command i have to use in my script shell ? ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
16 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)