Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Region between lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Region between lines Post 302717153 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 17th of October 2012 03:37:02 PM
Old 10-17-2012
Code:
awk '
rd>1 && $4 == 0 {
  if (ev==4) print col,bv,$2;
}
rd==1 { bv=$2; rd++; }
rd>1 {
  if ($4>ev) ev=$4;
}
$2 > 0 && $4==0 {
  ev=$4;
  col=$1;
  rd=1;
}
' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stack region

how can i determine that what percentage of stack region is currently is used? (i am using tru64 unix) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i take private region backup in veritas

Hello experts, I am using Veritas Volume Manager 5.0. How can i take private region backup and restoration. thanks in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can sed perform editing operations ONLY in the matched region?

Hi: Let's suppose I want to replace all the | by > ONLY when | is between . Usually (and it works) I would do something like sed -e 's/\(\*\)|\(*\]\)/\1>\2/g' where I have to "save" some portions of the matched region and use them with the \n metacharacter. I was wondering if I could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islegmar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best practice - determining what region you are on

Hello all, I have a question about what you think the best practice is to determine what region you are running on when you have a system setup with a DEV/TEST, QA, and PROD regions running the same scripts in all. So, when you run in DEV, you have a different directory structure, and you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rediranch
4 Replies

5. Programming

Single semare critical region problem???

Hi guys, I hope everybody is doing fine. I have written this small program which solves the critical region problem. Only on of the two threads can make changes to a common variable called counter. I am using two semaphores, is it possible to write the same program using only one semaphore? Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

6. AIX

Change lv REGION in HDISK1

Dears my rootvg is missed up i can not extend the /opt as soon as i try to extend the Filesystem its give me that there is not enough space . as there any way to change the REGION of the LVs in HDISK1 ? lspv -p hdisk0 hdisk0: PP RANGE STATE REGION LV NAME TYPE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with underline text based on specific region

Input file 2 5 ASFGEWTEWRQWEQ 10 20 QEWIORUEIOUEWORUQWEQWRQRQWGQWGFQ 1 6 WRQTQWTQTQWTQT Desired output file 2 5 ASFGEWTEWRQWEQ 10 20 QEWIORUEIOUEWORUQWEQWRQRQWGQWGFQ 1 6 WRQTQWTQTQWTQT Column 1 is the start region of underline the text in column 3; Column 2 is the end region of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a command to change the port region

portsuf=25 port=20925 I need to replace 09 with 25 It should be like 22525. Can some please help with command or script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
4 Replies

9. Programming

Merge two strings by overlapped region

Hello, I am trying to concatenate two strings by merging the overlapped region. E.g. Seq1=ACGTGCCC Seq2=CCCCCGTGTGTGT Seq_merged=ACGTGCCCCCGTGTGTGTFunction strcat(char *dest, char *src) appends the src string to the dest string, ignoring the overlapped parts (prefix of src and suffix of dest).... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
30 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mean score value by ID over a defined genomic region

Hi, I would like to know how can I get a mean score value by ID over a defined genomic region. Here it is an example: file1 12 100 103 id1 12 110 112 id1 12 200 203 id2 file2 12 100 101 1 12 101 102 0.8 12 102 103 0.7 12 110 111 2.5 12 111 112 2.8 12 200 201 10.1 12 201 202... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
7 Replies
vcrop(1Vi)																vcrop(1Vi)

NAME
vcrop - crop an image SYNOPSIS
vcrop [-option ...] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
vcrop crops a file of images using a cropping rectangle specified by command line options. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
vcrop accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in infile Specifies a Vista data file containing the input images. -out outfile Specifies where to write the cropped images as a Vista data file. -top row Specifies the first (top) row of the cropping rectangle. -bottom row Specifies the last (bottom) row of the cropping rectangle. -left col Specifies the first (leftmost) column of the cropping rectangle. -right col Specifies the last (rightmost) column of the cropping rectangle. -height nrows Specifies the height of the cropping rectangle. -width ncols Specifies the width of the cropping rectangle. The cropping rectangle must be unambiguously specified by using any two of -top, -bottom, and -height, plus any two of -left, -right, and -width. The cropping rectangle may fall partially or completely outside an image it is cropping; in that case, the area outside is filled with zeros. Input and output files can be specified on the command line or allowed to default to the standard input and output streams. SEE ALSO
vxcrop(1Vi), VImage(3Vi), Vista(7Vi) AUTHOR
Ralph Horstmann <horstman@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 24 April 1993 vcrop(1Vi)