Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move groups of files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move groups of files Post 302716777 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 17th of October 2012 02:59:14 AM
Old 10-17-2012
Try this it just echo's what is going to do - remove echo's if your happy.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
start=14
end=27
sz=30
cd /path/to/parent/dirs
for dir in $(find . -type d -name RawData)
do
        [ -d ../sorted_files/$dir ] || echo mkdir -p ../sorted_files/$dir
        b=0
        for file in $(find $dir -type f -print)
        do
           let b=b+1
           if [ $b -ge $start -a $b -le $end ]
           then
               echo mv $file ../../sorted_files/$file
           fi
           [ $b -ge $sz ] && b=0
        done
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write a shell script which groups files with certain pattern, create a tar and zip

Hi Guru's, I have to write a shell script which groups file names based upon the certain matching string pattern, then creates the Tar file for that particular group of files and then zips the Tar file created for the respective group of files. For example, In the given directory these files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahu_sg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the last updated file from different groups of files.

Hi i have many sets of files as shown below(here i have shown 2 sets) basel_aa_20091030.txt basel_aa_20091130.txt basel_aa_20091230.txt basel_bb_20091030.txt basel_bb_20091130.txt basel_bb_20091230.txt from each set of files i need to select the latest updated file(there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple groups of files processing

I have five directories, dir1 to dir5 for each directory, I have all same number-named folders. There are four types of folders, {1..10}, {20..30}, { 40..50}, {60..70} Now for each types of folder, I will do the same thing, here is the code for i in {1..5} do cd dir$i mkdir temp1 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files into groups of 10000

Hi Guys, First post! I've seen a few options but dont know the most efficient: I have a directory with a 150,000+ text files in it I want to merge them into files contain 10,000 files with a carriage return in between. Thanks P The following is an example but doesnt limit the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent...Need a shell script to list files which belong to particular groups

Hi, I am just new to scripting but got to write a complex scipt please help. i need a shell script which can check the list of data listed in a txt doc and see if they belong to any of the groups that are listed in other list file.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange groups of lines from several files

I have three files as an input and I need to rearrange this input to match the rules by which the processing program consumes the data. My files are: /tmp$ cat F # file -1- FS00|0|zero-zero| FSTA|0|10| FSTA|0|12| FSTA|0|15| FSTA|0|17| FS00|3|negative| FSTA|3|-1| FS00|5|regular|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
DIR(3)									 1								    DIR(3)

dir - Return an instance of the Directory class

SYNOPSIS
Directory dir (string $directory, [resource $context]) DESCRIPTION
A pseudo-object oriented mechanism for reading a directory. The given $directory is opened. PARAMETERS
o $directory - Directory to open o $context - Note Context support was added with PHP 5.0.0. For a description of contexts, refer to "Streams". RETURN VALUES
Returns an instance of Directory, or NULL with wrong parameters, or FALSE in case of another error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 dir(3) example Please note the fashion in which Directory.read(3)'s return value is checked in the example below. We are explicitly testing whether the return value is identical to (equal to and of the same type as - see Comparison Operators for more information) FALSE since otherwise, any directory entry whose name evaluates to FALSE will stop the loop. <?php $d = dir("/etc/php5"); echo "Handle: " . $d->handle . " "; echo "Path: " . $d->path . " "; while (false !== ($entry = $d->read())) { echo $entry." "; } $d->close(); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Handle: Resource id #2 Path: /etc/php5 apache cgi cli NOTES
Note The order in which directory entries are returned by the read method is system-dependent. PHP Documentation Group DIR(3)