Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RDP over SSH Tunnel
Special Forums Cybersecurity RDP over SSH Tunnel Post 302716211 by h@foorsa.biz on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 05:08:37 AM
Old 10-16-2012
RDP over SSH Tunnel

Hi all,
I'm trying have an alternative way of connecting into a Corporate network. Mostly in case the VPN down as I cannot also change the security policy.
I want to expose windows RDP over ssh tunnel.
I have 3 hosts in my scenario
1- Host a : Windows 2k8 has no internet access just only an outbound connection on Port 22 TCP .
2-Host b: AIX 5.3 has an ssh server running on it and can initiate outbound TCP connections to any host on the internet.
3-Host C : Solaris 10 has a public static IP and an SSH listening for incoming connections.
All I want is to expose RDP on Host A to Host C which is outside my corporate network How can I do this any Idea will be a great assist.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

using a ssh tunnel with nx compression

hi everybody and thank you for this wondefrul forum this is my first thread posted here and i hope that i could find some help from your part (i am even sure) :D here is the situation: i am to develop an application of remote desktop access such as vnc, vpn and especially nx i want to develop... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolboln01
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH tunnel working for ssh but not for sshfs

I'm trying to setup a link between my home pc (work-machine) and a server at work (tar-machine) that is behind a gateway (hop-machine) and not directly accessible. my actions: work-machine$ ssh -L 1234:tar-machine:22 hop-machine work-machine$ ssh -p 1234 user@127.0.0.1 - shh access on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vathau
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Help with SSH tunnel?

I have a Java web app on machine (X) that needs to talk to an LDAP server (Y) on :636, but the LDAP server is only accessible on a particular network. I can login to a machine (Z) on that network from X, and this machine can talk to the LDAP server on :636. How can I tunnel so that X can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

VPN ssh access over RDP port?

Guys, Can I use an open RDP port to gain ssh access to my Linux server running the other side of our firewall? I work from home on the odd occasion, we only have RDP port 3389 available once logged into the VPN. I would rather ssh into my workstation without the need for a desktop display. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Tunnel X over ssh for 11.3

Hello Solaris experts: Trying to bring the 11.3 gdm screen over ssh to a Linux Box: I did the following: 1. made chanes to /etc/ssh/sshd_config & bounced ssh daemon: # X11 tunneling options X11Forwarding yes X11DisplayOffset 10 X11UseLocalhost yes 2. From the remote Linux box: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tunnel using SSH

I am not clear with the part of concept of Tunneling using ssh. ssh -f -N -L 1029 192.168.1.47:25 james@192.168.1.47 I found out that above code works for me . but didn't quite well understood how ti works and need to ask you guys some questions. since we are using tunnel through ssh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsang
2 Replies
SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)				      General Commands Manual					 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)

NAME
ssh-askpass-fullscreen - A simple replacement for ssh-askpass written with gtk2 SYNOPSIS
ssh-askpass-fullscreen DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gnome-ssh-askpass is a GNOME-based passphrase dialog for use with OpenSSH. It is intended to be called by the ssh-add(1) program and not invoked directly. It allows ssh-add(1) to obtain a passphrase from a user, even if not connected to a terminal (assuming that an X display is available). This happens auto-matically in the case where ssh-add is invoked from one's ~/.xsession or as one of the GNOME startup pro- grams, for example. In order to be called automatically by ssh-add, ssh-askpass-fullscreen should be installed as /usr/bin/ssh-askpass ssh-askpass-fullscreen is a program that... ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are recognized: GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_SERVER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the X server before asking for a passphrase. GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_POINTER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the mouse pointer will be grabbed too. These may have some benefit to security if you don't trust your X server. Keyboard is always grabbed. SEE ALSO ssh-add(1), ssh-askpass(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marco Presi (Zufus) <zufus@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others) and it is based on that for x11-ssh-askpass by Philip Hands and the one for gnome-ssh-askpass by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> May 8 , 2004 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)