Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris auto mount SMB share on Solaris 10 Post 302715773 by LittleLebowski on Monday 15th of October 2012 11:08:56 AM
Old 10-15-2012
I believe it's a remnant of Windows based procedures; you know the whole "flash drives" thing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDROM Doesn't Auto Mount - Solaris 9

On Sun Fire V240, cdrom doesn't automount. I can manually mount the cdrom, however it pretty annoying. I have checked the vold demon and its seems to be running. Here is the output from /etc/inetd.conf pg inetd.conf daytime stream tcp6 nowait root internal daytime dgram udp6 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshafi
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to mount windows Share on solaris using SAMBA

Hi All I am new for Solaris and, I have configured SAMBA on my SUN10 Network machine and it's working fine. can anyone tell me how to mount windows share on my SUN10 machine. Thanks in advance daya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache/CGI Bin Accessing mounted SMB share

Hey Guys, I need to copy some files from my Apache server to SMB share ... copy $file,"/Volumes/v1/x/test/$datestamp$name$suffix" Unfortunately this command when executed from Apache/cgi-bin is not able to access mounted volumes .. is there anything that can be done about that ... Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

SMB Connection Resolve to AD, Point to User Share

I've got an unusual problem that deals with connecting via SMB under Snow Leopard, to a directory share with over 1,000 users. When I connect to the main directory share, the next level reveals 1,000 users, but I'd like to have the connection identify me as a registered user in AD at the time of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. AIX

CIFS/SMB mount NetApp (Windows) fileshare

Hi guys, I'm trying to mount a windows share (hosted on a NetApp filer with clustered Ontap 8.3) and I have no luck doing it. This worked before when we used an old NetApp with Ontap 7.3. Seems there is an issue with ASCII/non-unicode support. I'm wondering if anybody here has mounted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikedavis
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating dated folder name in SMB share

I can't seen to figure this out. Let's say I want to create a folder with the name "August2017". In regular terminal prompt I can type mkdir `date +%B%Y` But when I'm connected to a SMB share (at the smb: prompt), the command doesn't translate properly. A folder gets created but the name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdch1000
4 Replies
tkvars(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 tkvars(3)

NAME
tkvars - Variables used or set by Tk DESCRIPTION
The following perl variables are either set or used by Tk at various times in its execution. (For a list of variables used by perl see perlvar.) $Tk::library This variable holds the file name for a directory containing the modules related to Tk. These modules include an initialization file that is normally processed whenever a Tk application starts up, plus other files containing procedures that implement default behaviors for widgets. The initial value of $Tk::library is set when Tk is added to an interpreter; this is done by searching searching for a directory named Tk in the directory where the file Tk.pm, or the first directory Tk in @INC. The TK_LIBRARY environment variable used by Tcl/Tk is not supported by perl/Tk. Please use @INC to change where modules are searched. Note: This is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use @INC and %INC). $Tk::patchLevel Contains a decimal integer giving the current patch level for Tk. The patch level is incremented for each new release or patch, and it uniquely identifies an official version of Tk. Note: this is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use $Tk::VERSION described below. $Tk::strictMotif This variable is set to zero by default. If an application sets it to one, then Tk attempts to adhere as closely as possible to Motif look-and-feel standards. For example, active elements such as buttons and scrollbar sliders will not change color when the pointer passes over them. $Tk::VERSION The variable holds the current version number of the perl/Tk release in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number shows on which Tcl/Tk release perl/Tk is based. E.g., 402 means based on Tcls Tk 4.2. (Patchlevel of Tcls Tk are not incorporated because perl/Tk tended to be ``ahead'' of them on some fixes and behind on others. The first digest of the major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing perl/Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version depends on perl/Tk only. It uses the 'even'='stable', 'odd'='experimental' scheme that linux uses: .0xx - inherently 'alpha' .1xx - experimental 'beta' .2xx - stable .3xx - experimental .4xx - stable ... The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. $Tk::version The variable holds the current version number of the Tk library in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. Note: this is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use $Tk::VERSION described above. KEYWORDS
variables, version perl v5.12.1 2007-05-05 tkvars(3)