Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tracking change inside the script Post 302715655 by jim mcnamara on Monday 15th of October 2012 07:46:57 AM
Old 10-15-2012
I'm confused.

1. Who owns/runs the crontab? oracle? root?
2. How many users on the system know the password to the account that owns the crontab file?

Since crontab executes user-written scripts and those can change at any time so:
3. Who owns the scripts that are changing?
4. Are the crontab entries themselves changing?

cron does not change scripts, people do. cron does not change it's own entries, people do. If you can tell us more maybe we can help you find the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for tracking from directory to file

Hi , I am pretty new to scripting, and I trying to write a script which is not working as I expect to .... I am trying to write a script which starts from top directory and tracks all the folders and sub-folders till it reaches a file and gives the list of files as output for a given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul00000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script in tracking both the passed and failed login in a unix server

Can you help me in providing the following output or a quite similar to this from a shell script ? *** Logins Summary Information ***** ---------------------------------- Failed Login Attempts for Invalid Accounts Date Time IP-ADD Account ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another question for tracking failed logins via script

Hello Experts, I have this initial shell script that tracks failed login attempts: #!/bin/bash #Fetch failed user logins to file failed-logins.txt grep -i failed /var/log/secure | awk '{ print $1, $2" ", $3" ", $9" ", $11 }' > failed-logins.txt #Splitting the failed-logins in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

4. Red Hat

Can not change timestamp on directory inside cifs mount

Greetings, I have an rsync server that is unable to change the timestamp on any directories inside of cifs mounts. The same thing happens on all of my red hat machines. These machines are all patched, touch -t works on directories inside any other filesystem including NFS mounts. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Create
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to different user id inside a program

Hi, There is a process ( built in C/C++) which starts with my user id and I need to execute a specific function with a different user id. Is there any api so that I provide userid, passwd and the next instance the process will have the new user id privileges. - Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_pranava
3 Replies

6. Programming

Need a tracking PHP Script – “how long people stay on the website?”

I want to know, is there a way to track how long anyone has been logged into website and then insert it up for each time they have logged on. In case, user a logs in for 30 minutes, then later comes back and logs in for an hour, then later comes back and logs in for 50 minutes, Add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies

7. Programming

Is it possible to change search inside .pdf or .doc files?

the titele was wrong ... the true one is: Is it possible to search words inside .pdf or .doc files? is it possible if i changed the word into binary combination:eek:? and this way is super too hyper huge of greatest codes i ever seen:D to read only 1 word so is there any other ways:confused:? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the color inside email using shell script?

hi, i want to send an email from unix using mailx command. mailx -s "subject" "email@abc.com" < email.txt Email.txt contains some file names that are transferred successfully and some that failed. so the files that got failed to tranfer, should be displayed in red color in the mail. is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to change paths inside a bash script?

i have some script with some paths inside it. The idea is to some files which is on desktop copy and move to another location. Problem is that inside script is similar to this: cp test1.zip /root/help/ because I allways have another zip files, does it possible to have some input which ask me... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make change to variable value inside of awk script

Hello, I have text data that looks like this, Mrv16a3102061815532D 6 6 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 -0.4018 1.9634 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1.1163 1.5509 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1.1163 0.7259 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)