Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible? Post 302715469 by bakunin on Monday 15th of October 2012 03:02:13 AM
Old 10-15-2012
Many thanks for writing a follow-up.

I am going to change the thread title to "[Solved]".

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio backup to a remote device..

Hi, Needing to perform a backup of one system to the tape unit on another system. Why, well because the local tape device is stuffed and I desparately need to have a backup completed successfully sooner rather than not at all. My question is how do I set the below code to allow me to perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsh: remote tape backup

I am trying to perform a remote tape backup from one SCO openserver to another remote SCO Openserver which happens to have a tape drive configured. I have added entries into host.equiv and .rhosts on the tape drive server: prodution_server root # This is equivalent to the hostname and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote tape backup

i have two main servers which are both hpux. the problem is that i only have single dat drive to use with my backup (using tar command). it always takes me alot of time to perform this activity since the backup can only be done one at a time. there are other hpux box with a dat drive attached on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Backup over network to remote tape drive

I am currently using tar to backup a server that has 9gb of data. This is fine and works fine, as part of this I send the backup to a remote tape on a remote server using rsh.. This is not very secure though is it? Whats the best idea here - is there another way I should do this to be more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. Solaris

flarcreate to remote tape device

Hi, Someone knows hot to create a flash archive to a remote tape device? Here is my try: $flarcreate -n nereus -S -t lisdev:/dev/rmt/1n WARNING: hash generation disabled when using tape (-t) current filter settings Creating the archive... ERROR: Unable to work archive. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
4 Replies

6. Solaris

backup through tar command on remote tape

Hello Everybody I have two servers, name A & B. I need to take a backup of one directory(/girish) on serverA. But my tape drive is in serverB through tar command. But when I run the following command it doesn't take the backup. Could any one correct my command to take a backup tar cvf - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
0 Replies

7. Solaris

define .rhost file for tape backup to remote host

howdy experts, i am using 2 server- Solaris 5.9 i have tape device attached with 1 of my solaris server. But others not. # modinfo|grep tape 152 13d43e4 1333c 33 1 st (SCSI tape Driver 1.231) now i want to Backup DATA file and System File in Tape Drive. How do I take data and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup to remote tape drive

Hello all, I'm trying to backup some files on a solaris 10 machine to the remote tape drive connected to another solaris 10 machine. I have set up rsh to allow for password-less connection between the servers, but I'm not able to write to the tape with the command: root@sdp4a>tar cvf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Tape Backup Using cpio

Hi all, I've got two HP machines running HP-UX 11.31 and would like to remotely backup one server onto another server's tape unit using the cpio command. The two servers use a secured communication channel, i.e ssh. Kindly help, Koketso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD