Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java and Javac problems
Operating Systems Solaris Java and Javac problems Post 302714789 by Fingerz on Friday 12th of October 2012 04:43:56 PM
Old 10-12-2012
Ok got the path variable set. I typically dont root around but thanks for the advice on that, now I have a backup folder I copy files to rename one to fileold and edit the other so I can revert to fileold if new file screwed up things which I intent to do Smilie Now I have a few more issues. Now that path variable is set and works when I execute java HelloWorld I recieve unsupported major.minor version error. I use gedit to write code. From what I have read its telling me I created a file in version 1.7 however version 1.6 is trying to run the program, creating a reverse compatibilty issue. pkg list shows both 1.6 and 1.7 in the runtime. Do I need to uninstall 1.6 and the --- in package list, if an i is listed it represents that its installed what are the other --.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

piping with javac command

how to i use javac on a file after searching for it? example: find . -name '*.java' -size -24 -links -2 -atime -4 what would happen if "find" found >1 .java files? also, i'm a little confused on the -size property... mix up between -2 and +2... what's the difference? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quipy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

3. Programming

set javac classpath

I have several jar files in a specific folder, but I can't get javac to understand it. How do I set the classpath for javac. It is NOT the same classpath as the java command. And it's not enough with one jar file. I have several. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies
GEDIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GEDIT(1)

NAME
gedit - text editor for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
gedit [OPTION...] [FILE...] [+LINE[:COLUMN]] gedit [OPTION...] - DESCRIPTION
gedit is the official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. While aiming at simplicity and ease of use, gedit is a powerful general purpose text editor. It can be used to create and edit all kinds of text files. gedit features a flexible plugin system which can be used to dynamically add new advanced features to gedit itself. OPTIONS
--encoding Set the character encoding to be used for opening the files listed on the command line. -g, --geometry=GEOMETRY Set the X geometry window size (WIDTHxHEIGHT+X+Y). --list-encodings Display list of possible values for the encoding option and exit. --new-window Create a new toplevel window in an existing instance of gedit. --new-document Create a new document in an existing instance of gedit. -s, --standalone Run gedit in standalone mode. -w, --wait Open files and block the gedit process. --help Prints the command line options. --version Output version information and exit. FILE Specifies the file to open when gedit starts. If this is not specified, gedit will load a blank file with an "Unsaved Document" label. Multiple files can be loaded if they are separated by spaces. gedit also supports handling of remote files. For example, you can pass the location of a webpage to gedit , like "http://www.gnome.org", or load a file from a FTP server, like "ftp://ftp.gnome.org/robots.txt". - gedit will read from stdin +LINE For the first file, go to the line specified by LINE (do not insert a space between the "+" sign and the number). If LINE is miss- ing, go to the last line. COLUMN For the first file, go to the column specified by COLUMN. If COLUMN is missing, go to the first column. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gedit. AUTHORS
Paolo Maggi (paolo@gnome.org) Paolo Borelli (pborelli@katamail.com) Steve Frecinaux (code@istique.net) Jesse van den Kieboom (jessevdk@gnome.org) Ignacio Casal Quinteiro <icq@gnome.org> James Willcox (jwillcox@gnome.org) Federico Mena Quintero (federico@novell.com) Chema Celorio 17 May 2010 GEDIT(1)