Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup Post 302714761 by saichand1985 on Friday 12th of October 2012 02:57:53 PM
Old 10-12-2012
Thanks for your sugessions DGPickett....Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio backup to a remote device..

Hi, Needing to perform a backup of one system to the tape unit on another system. Why, well because the local tape device is stuffed and I desparately need to have a backup completed successfully sooner rather than not at all. My question is how do I set the below code to allow me to perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a backup shell script

am writing my very first shell script and need some assistance. What I need help on is three things in particular. 1) Do I need to use the sleep function after the tar command or does the script know to wait until tar finishes to move on to the next line? 2) Did I populate the variable DATE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhm54
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with backup shell script

Hello all, I am trying to backup my system database and root filesystem on remote server that is mounted on my system using tar command. For the database, i use (cd /database; tar cvf file.tar .) for the Root filesystem, i use (cd /; tar uEvf file.tar .) both are to be backup on the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omoniyi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with backup script in C-shell

Hi I am trying to back up files with cshell script .And I have to pass the size of the files,the backup directory and the file Could you help me with advises ,and am I useing find right thanks #!/bin/csh if( $2 =="") then echo "Please provide correct parameters" echo "corect call is: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with backup shell script

Hello, Need help with a script to backup a configuration file BSD Save the file / Firewall / ConfigFiles to a remote ftp server here is the script # / bin / sh Date = $ (date +% d-% Y-% m-H-M) tar-cvf ConfigFiles.tar / Firewall / ConfigFiles ConfigFiles.tar mv / Firewall-$... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: telouet
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script

Hi, I am a linux newbie and I dont have any knowledge on scripting but this is my urgent requirement. I am suppose to write a backup script for 2 of my servers, could someone help me out please. below is my requirement Mail Server 1 : 10.0.0.1 Mail Server 2 : 10.0.0.2 Backup Server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry289
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to backup

Q: script to daily backup all databases in the server, retain only last 4 backps please anyone give me a reply (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssooraj72
3 Replies

9. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Backup Shell Script

hello guys i am new and i am using Solaris 8 as operating system. i have some CD and i want to install the data from it. Package and patches. Which command shall i use? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
3 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)