Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Breaking lines which contains more than 50 characters in a file Post 302714453 by bakunin on Friday 12th of October 2012 07:41:49 AM
Old 10-12-2012
Have a look at the man page of "fmt". "fmt -50" is probably what you want.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines greater than 80 characters in a file

Hi, Can anyone please give me the grep command to find all the lines in a file that exceed 80 columns Thanks, gubbala (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in Flat file based on first 5 characters

Hi I have the fixed width flat file having the following data 12345aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbb 12365sssssssssscccccccccc 12365sssss 12367ddddddddddvvvvvvvvvv 12367 vvvvv Here the first column is length 5 second is length 10 third is length 10 if the second or third column exceeds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brado
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking long lines into (characters, newline, space) groups

Hello, I am currently trying to edit an ldif file. The ldif specification states that a newline followed by a space indicates the subsequent line is a continuation of the line. So, in order to search and replace properly and edit the file, I open the file in textwrangler, search for "\r " and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to file on certain lines with(special characters)

I need to add "new lines" of text with special characters, to specific lines in the file. There are 3 modifications needed. Been testing 2 here without success. #!/usr/bin/perl use FileHandle; $file=FileHandle->new; $FILENAME="/opt/etc/usr/file.txt"; $file->open ("<$FILENAME") or die... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: A4ron4perl
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display only the first two characters of all the lines from a file.

how do i Display only the first two characters of all the lines from a file.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ritusubash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File breaking

Hey, I have to take one CSV file and break into more files. Let's I have a file prices.csv and the data in the file like 1,12345 1,34567 1,23456 2,67890 2,77720 2,44556 2,55668 10,44996 based on the first column, I want to create files. in this example 1 is repeated three times... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bond2222
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with non-chinese characters from xml file

Hi there, I'm looking for a way to remove all lines that don't contain chinese characters from an xml file. Example: http://pastebin.com/8KzSbCKe The result should be like this: http://pastebin.com/ZywXsNhx Only lines that don't contain chinese characters should be deleted. If theres a mix of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4rb4g3
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Breaking up a text file into lines

Hi, I have a space delimited text file that looks like the following: BUD31 YRI 2e-06:CXorf15 YRI 3e-06:CREB1 YRI 4e-06 FLJ21438 CEU 3e-07:ETS1 CEU 8e-07:FGD3 CEU 2e-06 I want to modify the text file so that everytime there is a ":", a new line is introduced so that the document looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first 3 characters in a unix file in all lines

Replace first 3 characters in a unix file (say replace "A&B" with "C&D") in all lines of the file. Need a sed or awk script to do this. Kindly help! -Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with listing file name containing particular text and count of lines with 10 characters.

Hi, I've 2 queries. I need to list files which doesn't contain a particular text in the content. For example say, I need to list files which doesn't contain string "abc" from all files ending with *.bad. How can I do that? Also, I want to display number of lines in a file which has atleast... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
2 Replies
NUMFMT_GET_ATTRIBUTE(3) 						 1						   NUMFMT_GET_ATTRIBUTE(3)

NumberFormatter::getAttribute - Get an attribute

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int NumberFormatter::getAttribute (int $attr) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int numfmt_get_attribute (NumberFormatter $fmt, int $attr) Get a numeric attribute associated with the formatter. An example of a numeric attribute is the number of integer digits the formatter will produce. PARAMETERS
o $fmt -NumberFormatter object. o $attr - Attribute specifier - one of the numeric attribute constants. RETURN VALUES
Return attribute value on success, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 numfmt_get_attribute(3) example <?php $fmt = numfmt_create( 'de_DE', NumberFormatter::DECIMAL ); echo "Digits: ".numfmt_get_attribute($fmt, NumberFormatter::MAX_FRACTION_DIGITS)." "; echo numfmt_format($fmt, 1234567.891234567890000)." "; numfmt_set_attribute($fmt, NumberFormatter::MAX_FRACTION_DIGITS, 2); echo "Digits: ".numfmt_get_attribute($fmt, NumberFormatter::MAX_FRACTION_DIGITS)." "; echo numfmt_format($fmt, 1234567.891234567890000)." "; ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new NumberFormatter( 'de_DE', NumberFormatter::DECIMAL ); echo "Digits: ".$fmt->getAttribute(NumberFormatter::MAX_FRACTION_DIGITS)." "; echo $fmt->format(1234567.891234567890000)." "; $fmt->setAttribute(NumberFormatter::MAX_FRACTION_DIGITS, 2); echo "Digits: ".$fmt->getAttribute(NumberFormatter::MAX_FRACTION_DIGITS)." "; echo $fmt->format(1234567.891234567890000)." "; ?> The above example will output: Digits: 3 1.234.567,891 Digits: 2 1.234.567,89 SEE ALSO
numfmt_get_error_code(3), numfmt_get_text_attribute(3), numfmt_set_attribute(3). PHP Documentation Group NUMFMT_GET_ATTRIBUTE(3)