Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output Post 302713083 by Hanumant.madane on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 09:09:04 AM
Old 10-10-2012
thanks all for the reply..

Hi team,

thanks elixir_sinari

the below command given by elixir works for me but in my output I want
some other column to be displayed(it is displaying the same output as i m searching for) and also it should write it to some other file, for e.g. output will be like..
IF-MIB::ifDescr.2500 = STRING: ae0.784

then I want highlighted part to be displayed in output..

snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv 1.1.1.1 2>/dev/null|awk '/ae0\.784/{print $NF}'

Kindly help on this.

thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command to terminate

hi all how to terminate command eecution process. can you please show me the way thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep only a string on command output

How can I grep exactly a string that has .,/ characters using grep? Example: I want to grep ONLY string1 and not string1.more or string1.more.evenmore #lsauth ALL|grep 'string1' All output: string1 <--- This is the only I want. string1.more string1.evenmore. more.string1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate initially if error found...

Hi, I have written a shell script which is a combination of 5 scripts into one. We have a Record Claim indicator in the scpt ($rc) with which we can come to an conclusion if the script failed to load the data or if the data loaded successfully. Can any one please help me as to how to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour script terminate before complete execution

I'm working on a script to make backup of various folder located on various host using different OS. I got a strange behaviour because the script donět process all lines of a configuration file, the script execute only one loop even the input file have 6 lines: This is the script: #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: |UVI|
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command output string manipulation possible in one line?

This has been bothering me for 3 days. $> hostname cepsun64amd And I just want "cepsun", I would normally do h=`hostname`; ${h%%64*} But I am looking for a one-liner just for my own knowledge, because if there is a way to do this, I should know it by now. Anyway, so is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan.
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command to output from a string

Hi All, I have a file with name Is there a LINUX command that will help me to output the word after the 9th Underscore(_). ie the output should be DLY in this case. Can anybody pls help me. Thanks much in advance, Freddie (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)