Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating soalris 9 ISO image with use of downloaded OS Post 302712823 by susindram on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 09:38:26 PM
Old 10-09-2012
Creating soalris 9 ISO image with use of downloaded OS

Hi Folks,

I have downloaded OS on one of my server and i want to create bootable solaris 9 ISO image with use of this...I need to use this image to other server.,Could you please let us know how we will create ISO image with below OS image..

# cd solaris_9
# ls -alrt
total 128
drwxr-xr-x 2 ssuruli local 512 Apr 15 2002 Patches
drwxr-xr-x 2 ssuruli local 512 Apr 15 2002 Docs
drwxr-xr-x 4 ssuruli local 512 Aug 28 16:24 Misc
drwxr-xr-x 2 ssuruli local 512 Aug 28 16:27 Tools
drwxr-xr-x 551 ssuruli local 11264 Aug 28 16:27 Product
drwxr-xr-x 7 ssuruli local 512 Sep 1 21:27 .
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 512 Sep 2 00:06 ..
# pwd
/diskbkp1/sola_9/solaris_9
#

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Need iso image on CD_ROM of 9.01 to 9.07 HPUX How do I get one

There is a HP APPOLLO series 700 workstation where I am working that runs some CAD/CAM software. The department has not upgraded, backup, or done anything with the box. They have been using it this way for years. It doesn't boot up now, seems like probably bad drive. It would be nice to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: camsoft
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount iso image

I would like to mount an iso CD image on my Suse linux (SLES 9), the image has been copied to my suse linux machine. am able to mount the iso image manually by mount -oloop /iso/SLES-9-i386-CD1.iso /free but I would like to put the above entry in /etc/fstab so that when the machine is rebooted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Writing ISO image to CD

I want to install Ubuntu 7.10 and I have ISO image ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso . How can I convert to a bootable CD on linux or on windows. Thanks, J. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Create an ISO image of whole system

Hi All, Please help me with this. My plan is to create an ISO image of my current solaris 8 OS.Because we use a stripped out version of solaris 8 which is different than the standard one in CD. Will dd command will do ? My idea is to create a VMware image from iso file and play it in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
6 Replies

5. AIX

How to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2

Hi, Could anyone let me know how to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2 ? --SaiP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saip
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX ISO image file

Hi all, Can anyone get the link to download the iso image of AIX as i am new to AIX need to study and work on the concepts of AIX. Thnx in advance... VINU:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris ISO image

Hi All, Can anyone give me the lnik to download the iso image file Solaris 10 . I need to install it on my local machine . Pls help me out. VINU (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific image to be downloaded with wget

Hello All, I have gone through Google and came to know that we can download images from a site using wget. Now I am been asked to check whether an image is populated in a site or not. If yes, please send that image to an address as an attachment.. Say for example, the site is Wiki -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies
ST_SNAPSHOT(1)							      systraq							    ST_SNAPSHOT(1)

NAME
st_snapshot - calculate checksum and stat ownership and permissions of files SYNOPSIS
ST_SUM=sha256sum st_snapshot patterns homepatterns DESCRIPTION
st_snapshot calculates checksums and stats ownership and permissions of critical system files. This script is typically run in either root-mode or public-mode. Running this script in root-mode requires root priviliges. One is adviced to set up a dedicated user account for running this script in public mode. In root-mode, the files snapshot_root.list and snapshot_root.homelist are typically passed as arguments. These pattern files are read by the script and contain names of files and directories; listing a directory in such a pattern file is equivalent to listing all files which live in the directorytree with this directory as root. snapshot_root.list could e.g. read # snapshot_root.list - files and directories we wanna get # monitored: we wanna get a note once these files, or any file # under these directories, gets created, gets rm-ed, gets # permissions or contents changed. these notices will not # include the possibly secret contents of these files # # this file gets read by st_systraq /etc/group /etc/gshadow /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny /etc/hosts.equiv /etc/lilo.conf /etc/passwd /etc/postfix/server.pem /etc/shadow /etc/skel /etc/ssh Equivalent files snapshot_pub.list and snapshot_pub.homelist should be on the system. These files should contain all worldreadable to be monitored files. This allows for running this script as root only in those cases where it's needed: when reading files, readable for root only. The homelist files contain files and directories which should get monitored for every homedirectory on the system. snapshot_pub.homelist could e.g. contain: .profile .cshrc .tcshrc .login .logout .bash_profile .bashrc .exrc .nexrc As a special case, when the environment variable ST_OPHOMES is set to a non-empty string (typically when running in public mode), we stat the permissions on all homedirectories themselves. The produced snapshot is printed to stdout. The output when running in public mode could look like: # ownership and permissions of homedirs drwxr-xr-x root root /bin drwxr-xr-x root root /dev drwxr-sr-x root staff /home drwxr-sr-x joostvb joostvb /home/joostvb drwxr-xr-x root root /usr/sbin drwxr-xr-x root root /var # sha256sum of critical pub files 4d3cd13d6dbc10e2e3ccb9477cbc9eb9b76302454c276d5771ae0b10a5fbb4d2 /home/joostvb/.ssh/id_rsa.pub eb8d83e0246f761a21bdfb13a03fac634ed7c3b7dde4c2efddd7b2838d32596f /var/qmail/alias/.bashrc 4e371f9a11f5a2464d3d5c952e58e24f73b377d33767ed93b2082fcb59a647fe /etc/zlogin # ownership and permissions of critical pub files -rw-rw-r-- joostvb joostvb /home/joostvb/.ssh/id_rsa.pub -rw-r--r-- joostvb joostvb /home/joostvb/.ssh/authorized_keys ENVIRONMENT
ST_OPHOMES - non-empty in case permissions on all homedirectories should be printed ST_SUM - command for calculating file checksums. E.g. sha256sum, sha512sum, sha384sum, sha224sum or sha1sum. SEE ALSO
The systraq manual. VERSION
This manpage: $Id: st_snapshot.pod 374 2008-12-14 08:47:32Z joostvb $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008 Joost van Baal This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html or write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111, USA. AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb-systraq-20041015@mdcc.cx> 20081217 2008-12-15 ST_SNAPSHOT(1)